the Methadone game


Image result for methadoneLittle did I know when my daughter came home that I would find out she and her hubby on this little pink liquid called Methadone.   I knew things weren't quite right, and when cleaning up the bedroom I saw some pink liquid in a bottle on the bed alerting me to that fact.  
They've been gone for nearly 2 years, leaving here addicted to heroin and still playing the methadone game.  She told me she was clean but I don't call being on Methadone clean.  To me, a drug is a drug is a drug regardless.  I have never seen my daughter in such horrible shape physically ... all compliments of methadone ... weight gain, craving for sweets, dental issues, joint pains ... insomnia (she never slept seemed like) ... she was a mess.  It saddened me so much cause I know her heart.  I know how much she suffers not seeing her babies.  Also her mental state was not what I had anticipated from the many phone conversations we had since she moved.  
They, as a couple, wanted to get healthy and have a 'normal life' so they moved to California to do this, he had job offers and works, however it appears they still struggle everyday.  The biggest blow came when they lost the parental rights to their own son, once that happens none of us have rights to even see him so its a loss for all of us.  They packed up and went back to California staying here only a week.  I told her to please get her health under control, see a dentist, do whatever she could to get herself back to some healthier state because one of these days her kids will come home to her.    
She calls and tells me that she would need an upper plate and $3500.00 and her gums split open for infection, and wanted me to use my credit for her to obtain dental work.  I told her that I could not do such a thing, that she and hubby made this mess of themselves, so they would need to work out a plan to put so much money away for just that purpose.  If I had money laying around God knows I would help her but I do not unfortunately.  All of those thousands of dollars spent on orthodontics for her to have beautiful teeth, now just a waste as she suffers such pain over it.  What a shame.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!