well, lets not mention that...shall we...
As I was reviewing and plotting the schedules/platform, one thing became apparent in trying to determine primary coverage for all applications to ensure we have 24 x 7 coverage. We have quite a few of you that have been able to enjoy a Monday through Friday work schedule; however, this has negatively impacted our weekend coverage. Going forward, for the month of May, I am going to require that all QA team members that have a Monday through Friday schedule now include a 4-hour increment on the weekend. I would ask that all full-time employees look at your schedule so that you are able to take the 4 hours off during the week and then provide "So&So* the hours that you will be committing to on the weekends as we want to avoid overtime at all costs. This will need to be completed by this Friday, April 28, 2017. For part-time staff, this will be in addition to your weekly hours. For the independent contractors, we would welcome you to provide us with your services as well. This will be effective immediately starting with this upcoming weekend and will go through the weekend of June 3-4. I will be able to ascertain if this is still necessary towards the middle of May and can update at that time based on staffing, proofing load, etc.

okay now ... start messing with my leisure time ... You want me to take off 4 hours during the week so I can give up 4 hours on my weekend to work because you fired 11 QA people without thinking of the consequences ... well FUCK that!!!!!!!
emails are flying today ... QA staff are not happy campers! I told my boss that expecting all QA staff to work every weekend in the month of May is absolutely ridiculous and unfair considering the weather is warm and people are making plans to visit family, vacations, etc...not to mention the mess we've been in for months now as far as management we need and deserve a weekend off without interruption ... we already have to accrue vacation starting the new year before we can even take it, earning so much time with each paycheck so its months into the year before anybody can even plan a vacation...so if you wanted to go to the Caribbean in February to escape the winter forget it, you haven't accrued enough vacation time...now take the whole month of May too? If I remember correctly last year it was practically overtime for months on end about this same timeframe but now they don\t want to pay us overtime at all ... this place is getting on my very last frickin nerve. I told my boss if something else could not be done that I would be willing to work 2 weekends a 4 hour shift but that was it, not 4. Next thing they'll start changing people's schedules just for the hell of it and say work it or you're fired!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!