As a person who has been in this medical transcription business for nearly 20 years, I have learned quite a bit. I have never seen management so poor as it is right now. The entire workload is not distributed fairly; some people work some accounts, some work others, some work on different platforms, some work the 'cushy' accounts only proofing one or two accts at best while some of us have to proof numerous accounts on a daily basis...and they want to bitch about production too? (being able to proof and upload so many files per hour). If I work on the same 'cushy' account everyday or maybe just two accounts, you can bet your sweet patootie my production numbers will be excellent and why wouldn't they be? You're not having to stop every file and pull new acct instructions to review, read and make sure you've crossed your Is and dotted your Ts (ha!); however when you put me working 6 or 8 different accounts daily, and having to stop to pull instructions and specs for each one and review before, during and before uploading to ensure I've done everything right, and constantly switching from this account to another account, to me its rather unfair to expect production from somebody working numerous accounts in comparison to somebody working on just one or two accounts per day. Some pull jobs to proof by utilizing a poolscript which doesn't include all the client accounts on the system ... others are assigned files by management people (too many hands in the fire), or some have admin privileges, like myself to self assign files if something is going late or is already late because if I use my poolscript it won't pull half the stuff that's on the system but rather pulls other stuff that is not out of turn around time when there are some clients files on the system sitting there late. Its such a mess. All QA should work all accounts on the system, it shouldn't be you work on this account ... you work on that account. The poolscripts need to be adjusted and fairly for everybody.
If a late file comes on the system, the mentality is currently that if you've never worked on that account then find somebody who has worked on that account (which means you have to know the QA's schedules to see whose on and who to assign the file to?), heaven forbid give the file to a willing and able QA person who has the time to get it done and can help ... OMG!. We'd rather have 20 late files assigned to somebody who has done the account before rather than spreading the love to all the QA staff who can help jump in and get documents back to the client. To me its just more efficient. Value your team. There are spec sheets on every account, open them up and do the damn file for critey's sakes. Cross-train your people so when others are on vacation or just throughout the course of a normal day, the workload will be managed and there is adequate coverage.
Let's not play the I don't do that account game ... These new QA people this management brought in are a little spoiled I think ... but if I have my way and I know my boss sees it my way ... I'm hoping this shit will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!