
Well today in my inbox, I was offered a job position with that company out of Iowa. It sure boosted my self-confidence about finding a job in case I would lose my job. I only applied for this job days ago and didn't even to have to offer a resume. I'm not sure this is a good thing or a bad thing, but they appear to be reputable; I've done my homework.
This new job offer is a remote part time position doing MT work, not quality work like I'm doing now, and would require typing word for word documents and/or editing speech recognition documents. I have no experience editing jobs directly from the speech recognition engine not that I couldn't do it per se, but the pay for this type of work seems to be rather skimpy yet demanding more time or so I've been told by those who know. I could probably make about the same amount of money being a door greeter at Wal-Mart part-time.
Also I have to consider my health as well, being sedentary more hours than the 40 I currently do a week is probably not in my best interest. My doctor made that very clear to me during my visit this week. He suggested in fact that I take more frequent breaks, join a gym, just get more exercise! I totally agree with this, as most days my butt feels like its growing roots in this chair! However, if I was offered a government/federal job in this line of work I'd totally take it ... and am looking in that direction too. I am also inquiring into online classes to educate myself in a totally different field, even though at my age, I'm not sure it would be worthwhile.
Ooohhh...and rumor has it that our company could be bought out by a bigger US company, one with a better reputation, so things could pan out for the better within the next few months, if I don't get whacked before then. just sayin...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!