Inauguration Day 2017

 I Am Fighting For You.

well today is the day they swear in the 45th.  We shall see whether he fights for the working poor or not.  At this point, my livelihood seems to be going to hell in a handbasket.  I don't have a boss per se as they let her go yesterday, and after my old boss talked to her supervisor and HR they agreed to lay her off so she could at least draw unemployment instead of making her choose to stay on and taking a cut in pay.  My other boss whose over a different section right now, called me last night, informed me that there were more cuts to come.  Oh well, at this point, whatever happens..happens..I used to fear change but any more I realize that change forces us into positive things, to move forward even in the worst of circumstances thrown our way.  Oh and an email today from HR stating that we are not going to receive any sick time any more.  They are cutting that out.  Doesn't matter if you've been with this company (merged in 2008), total time working in this field 19 years, YOU are not entitled to sick days.  Wow.  Another blow.  Whats next...

2 comments:

  1. Given that he appointed a Labor Secretary that believes in robot employees because they never quit or take sick time, I'm pretty sure there won't be much in the way of job creation. And if they repeal without replacing the ACA, more unemployment.

    Change is good...sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it appears my employer is going along with the Labor Secretary...

      Delete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!