![]() |
| Dusting Of Snow - photographer Gerry Bates |
Lovely pic ... brings back memories of a do-it-yourself fence from bygone days threw together from old barn lumber. My mother-in-law & I worked tirelessly on it. I enjoyed doing land art back then, even taking collected flat river rocks and making my own winding sidewalk from driveway to front door, but that house whose backside was made almost entirely of glass overlooking the woods was sold many years ago.
Here in eastern Kentucky we had our first light dusting of snow today, no real groundcover to speak of. It is going to get down to 19 degrees, may get 2 inches total, not too bad, but my furnace will be working overtime to try to heat this drafty old ‘antique’ house. I think if I lived in a warmer climate, I would miss winter and how the snow coats the landscape, virgin white, until life movement disturbs its beauty–
it’s been a long day… I’ll leave you with this.
Dust of Snow
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!