Holey Toledo!

 I wonder, bloggers...



How long will it take to open this file up?  




Doctor name here
Some  Family Health Care
 vendor 
2011-05-31 09:12:34
637:52
Default
SKIP



FQAL





I saw this 637 minute file on the system today, and I thought to myself...

Yep, these doctors have to learn to turn off their recorders, and not leave them on for 10 hours after dictating a file...IF this actually has a patient dictation on it.

Yesterday I woke up to nearly 700 files on the system.  It didn't look bad Monday evening, but by the time Tuesday morning came, it was a madhouse!  However, with much diligence by my FQA staff and my maneuvering files around to compensate we actually pulled it off and got 'er done!  Somebody probably got this 637 minute file opened after half a day...LOL...luckily it wasn't one of our files, thank goodness!

8 comments:

  1. YIKES!!! Even with a fast connection, that would take some time to download! But you realize of course that it wasn't the doctor's fault...I'm sure the recorder was left on by some incompetent office worker. [At least that's what the dr's in my area would say!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long is 637:52 minutes anyway? I'm too lazy to do the calculations. Never mind, unless of course there's some interesting discourse surreptitiously recorded... Doc, it hurts when I do this. Don't do that. Or, Doc, I've got the clap. Please don't tell anybody. I won't, but where did you get it? From your secretary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's a time buster right there, Bry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. C...

    I have heard a little bit of everything when listening to dictations from a psychiatrist yelling/threatening her own children, a urologist going for a potty break (he did wash his hands too), a heart surgeon eating and dictating at the same time (slurring, burping and farting)...and dogs barking, car doors opening and closing and the wind in my face! we had this one doctor that even if the patient weighed 100 pounds they were obese, and another whose fascination with breasts was alarming...everybody got a breast exam whether they needed it or not! and the way he described them...oh gawd...even his voice changed...it really was disgusting! I don't know whatever happened to him except maybe some jail time? seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's almost as bad as Presidential candidates during an interview saying what they really think when they don't know the microphone is on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, these doctors have to learn to turn off their recorders...

    Worked for a third party X-ray repair company back in 2002 and saw more than a few passed out in the room where they review x-rays and dictate into the recorders. The room was always dark, cool, and silent as a tomb and yeah, I figure more than a few has left the machines running.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bella,
    Just 'cause someone has a medical degree doesn't mean anybody ever taught 'em the difference between "off" and "on". I prescribe an hour of Sesame Street, "brought to you by the letter o."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Call your office...tell them the orbital flux relay on your computer is not communicating with the download memory capacitor parallel static discharge fan module and until you can get that taken care of they need to forward these files to next in line.......

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!