Anybody Got An Aspirin?

my head hurts.

and its no wonder. We have a new FQA person, whose picture reminds me of "I Dream of Jeanie" with some garb she had on when viewing her picture on Yahoo Instant Messenger. She is blonde, or fake blonde, however I'm trying not to hold that against her...LOL...but I find myself wondering if the light is on and nobody's home? She does not work in the office, which at this point is a good thing for her as I might have choked her several times over the course of three days now. I don't deal with stupid well...I try to keep perspective...she's just new...she's just new...yeah right.

She technically has had more problems than anybody. Her voice file system (Scribe) was not working; if that wasn't enough then she couldn't upload her documents. Yesterday in 8 hours she did seven reports. Seven, mind you. Even on a bad day with bad dictators, FQA people would upload 4x more documents. Hers were not hard dictators. Come to find out, the Scribe error was because she was not doing it right ('user error'), not because of a technical issue with the program. I personally went over this with her as did a customer care representative. However, the uploading issue is still hanging around today. Customer Care Service felt maybe it was her server, so she contacted her server. She said she got angry at her server AT&T DSL and hung up on them. It was thought that perhaps during a heavy period of people online that her server was failing to let her upload.  However, my suspicion is that its 'user' error again.

It has been two days of relentless issues with nobody else but her, our operating system is fine, as nobody else is having issues but her. She is obviously of a mindset that I have nothing else to do I suppose but fill in the blanks on her reports that she cannot get, or upload documents for her throughout the day. I have countless other things to do all day than to deal specifically with her all day long from the time she starts her shift till she finishes it. I am ready to set her on fire at this point.

Not to mention her productivity today on the easiest stuff I had was only 21 reports; easily one should do 70 on this particular account, most do 100. The reports at most were only 2 minutes long, and were urology reports; supposedly something she has experience doing.  She also was initially hired to help out with a new client coming on that is going to require around the clock turn around (TAT) times, even on the weekends, and now she is not wanting to work weekends.  At this point, she cannot get through one day without assistance.  If she cannot work alone, of what purpose is she?

Tomorrow she is on my ignore list, sink or swim, and if I don't see any improvement in her workflow or the amount of work she is proofing, she will be whacked off....

Can you say.....next!

Wait...this just in my email from "I Dream Of Jeannie."

Dear _____..."I just got off the phone with Time Warner, so my internet will be road runner DSL. I am hoping that will be better for me to upload and not have anymore problems. I would like to get your thoughts on this switch before I do it."

okay correct me here, folks, but didn't she say she got off the phone and her internet will be RoadRunner?  then she wants thoughts BEFORE she does it?? (by the way, RoadRunner is cable internet, not DSL).

I rest my case. 

Can I trade that aspirin for a Valium?

Who wants to bet that she will still have upload problems even if she changes servers? 

Tune in tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I really SHOULD feel sorry for the new person on the job...but this time I can't muster up any sympathy since the girl doesn't know the difference between cable internet and DSL -- DOH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get someone else quick or
    "you" are going to be handling the new client 24/7, on top of your current workload.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Mr. C, my Give-A-Fuck O'Meter is measuring a biohazard at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bry,

    I'm tellya tomorrow will tell the tale...

    GAWDDDDD~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How frustrating! Hope today is much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, no, no! No DSL. That's way too slow for what she needs. Cable, baby. Make Roadrunner fix the problem with any slowness and screw the DSL.

    That's my two cents. Hope she gives you less grief today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Fragrant...she did not change servers after all, not till the 17th...but frankly I don't think that's the issue. I still think its user error.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori,

    Somedays my give a fuck o'meter exceeds its limits!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!