Madness Takes Its Toll...lol...

and it seems I never have the exact change!



Actually I don't want to get out of my bed most days, and after my last 9-minute attempt at silence, I get up, stumble to the coffeepot in search of salvation, try to muster the motivation to get through the day, and can't wait to get back home and crawl back in it...

with little BellaRose (whose 8) in the YMCA Kiddie Kamp she lasts about an hour to an hour and a half after she gets home in the evenings before she's fast asleep, and even though I'm not far behind her I'm still tired when I get up.  Must be this dang thyroid acting out again. 
By midday at work I'm done, ready for a nap, and coffee doesn't even perk me up.  

Yes, over the last few months I have taken on more responsibility both personally and professionally...it seems all I get done is doling out work to people, pushing paperwork, fixing boo-boos and typos, documenting reviews, listening to complainers, inbetween preparing breakfast, packing lunches and fixin' supper, and car rides to and fro...(with no air conditioner in my black, leather seated car with temps in the sweltering 90s) and its becoming a monotonous sweaty blurrr! even Calgon doesn't help...maybe I should let TWA take me away! far, far away!

Oh, and did I mention putting up with one drama after another in Hillbillydom due to an addicted daughter (she swears she is not but hasn't passed a drug test) and son-in-law (lets not even go there), workers from Social Services stopping by, and daily drama stories from the in-laws (more like outlaws) who are still enabling these two grown adults in their pursuit of brain numbing and non functioning do-lessness...its the stuff horror movies are made from...or comedies depending on which day. I wished they could all get a life and leave me out of theirs.  I have enough to contend with, taking care of an 8-year-old 24/7 and a job that never ends!


Yes, I have been pulling random reports for review on our own FQA proofers, as well as reviewing those offshore FQA and editors, grading, rating, averaging...I wonder...will we ever get direct uploaders offshore? not too many...it seems!
and how are our FQA independent contract proofers stacking up? They could be better according to mine and Deb's (my partner in crime) standards...it seems they get lazy and push reports through for the line count (because they get paid by the line), not taking the time to truly read only half-assing between the lines...perhaps we need to look for a few new FQA people...

My next question is..."Is there anybody out there interested in making me forget this madness?" apply within the sheets! LOL ... or if you're interesting in trying your hand at proofreading with excellent grammar skills,  medical knowledge, maybe even some proofing experience, then throw me an email!

Yes, its been a week that's for sure...new clients, no real client instructions on what they want...server and software issues, STAT reports...ugh...but its the weekend ...so I can throw this paperwork aside, and enjoy myself, perhaps take BellaRose to see Toy Story this weekend, and write that special friend a letter back.  Monday comes too soon with all its responsibilities, for now I am going to enjoy my coffee...listen to some jazz...you're welcome to relax with me. 



Whats in your weekend plans?


The jazz box has been removed, you can listen to it by clicking here.Then click in "The Green Room."


whatever your plans, much love to yuns 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for all the madness that you are dealing with. Reading this was like reading a story of my own madness...just change the names and a few things around and the madness you speak of is mine. You have thyroid issues too? I am being treated for thyroid issues and yet I fight against exhaustion and feeling like I have the fricken flu every single day. So I can relate all too well to the tiredness and wanting to crawl back into bed every five minutes.

    I am sorry about your daughter and son in law...very sad...that too I can relate to. I hope that you get a break of all this madness or just maybe it could take a flying leap. Take care of you! Peace. Hugs...XX Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Lori, its everywhere isn't it? I think the whole world is tired and full of drama...LOL

    I think a nice vacation would be in order...

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!