I'm happier than a fly on doodie!
I have this love of cars. It seems all through the 70s where I grew up there were tons of souped up cars running the roads, and there wasn't a lot to do on a small town Friday or Saturday night unless you packed in your friends, or your date, and came into town and showed off your ride, order up a burger at the local James' Drive-In or at Burton's, where the waitress came to your car! It was a social gathering with people hanging out the windows, visiting back and forths between cars, sometimes there'd be a show-off race up on Henderson branch, a nice flat stretch of road! Memories of that black haired guy named R.C. and imprints of love in his black Dodge Charger with a white interior still linger in my head! w00t!

Another car of interest running around our town was (not a red) Stingray but a yellow one, owned by this cool dude, who was older than us school-aged teens, but he liked the young girls. Probably a perv, who knows. Who remembers the Mach-I Mustang?! What I remember about that Mach was how cool a car it was, but the driver sucked horribly! nothing is a bigger turn-off than a lousy kisser...but his car was killer! Those were days of thunder and thrills.
and here's my driving tunes tonight; speaking of driving, nobody is going anywhere if this snow hits!

Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzer
Ingredients
5 cups orange juice
2 cups chilled lemon-lime soft drink
1 1/2 cups vodka
1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Stir together all ingredients; serve over ice. Garnish, if desired., with lemon slices/fresh rosemary sprigs!
it's delicious!
How nice to have such peace and quiet after a long day at work. Yes, I remember these cars...don't make them like that anymore. I must try this recipe! Enjoy the snow! Happy weekend! XX Lori
ReplyDeleteSASSSWEEEET Car for sure! Merry Christmas and Have a Blessed New Year :-))
ReplyDelete