The doctor, after an examination, sighed and said, 'I've some bad news. You have cancer, and you'd best put your affairs in order.'
The woman was shocked, but managed to compose herself and walk into the waiting room where her daughter had been waiting.
Well, daughter, we women celebrate when things are good, and we celebrate when things don't go so well. In this case, things aren't well. I have cancer. Let's head to the club and have a martini.
After 3 or 4 martinis, the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more martinis. They were eventually approached by some of the woman's old friends, who were curious as to what the two were celebrating.
The woman told her friends they were drinking to her impending end. I've been diagnosed with AIDS. The friends were aghast, gave the woman their condolences and beat a hasty retreat.
After the friends left, the woman's daughter leaned over and whispered, Momma, I thought you said you were dying of cancer, and you just told your friends you were dying of AIDS! Why did you do that??
Because I don't want any of those bitches sleeping with your father after I'm gone.
And THAT, my friends, is what is called, 'Putting Your Affairs in Order'!

LOL!!! Heard that one a long time ago but thanks for the Monday afternoon laugh!
ReplyDeletehey S4U...My funniest typo repo moment today was "The patient reports she can barely hold onto her steering will."
ReplyDeleteLOL now THAT's funny, I don't care who ya are!
Scary at first, but I should have realized that it was your awesome humor at work....lol
ReplyDeleteS
Hmm....EFFECTIVE!!! :))
ReplyDeletewow!
ReplyDeleteCould be they fled because they were afraid she would figure out which one gave it to him.
ReplyDelete