The notion of romance,
at once a tender dream
though now fleeting with time,
has found absence with age.
I am prone now to sing to listening winds
that have no desire for such things
that wound and scar heart and flesh
with their leavings...taking pieces
of precious and bleeding hope.
I wander in my own footprints.
I lay my head upon my own pillow,
knowing it is free of tears and I seek only
sleep now, on long and quiet nights.

This picture is beautiful and so are the words of this poem. It reminds me of how I felt the year before I met my husband. Nice music to go along with it!
ReplyDeleteOh this is so purely beautiful,deep and haunting!You are feeling down aren't you?It's never too late to find love again,you know that!no and I wish new wonderful love for you!Love!
ReplyDeletesmiles4u, thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteCandi grrrrl, all I can say is you're a doll! No I'm not depressed about love, all I really need is my blankie and pillow!
Wonderful picture. And who wrote the poem? It's lovely.
ReplyDelete