What's The News Across the Blog Nation?

PhotobucketWe have got your information

In a way we hope will amuse you

We just love to tell ya the news ... da da te da ...

Ladies and Gents, Chi-Chi looks at the news!

Same channel, same story, here. I got the paperwork from Gateway in the mail today where my teen is staying. I have to send and sign a few documents and mail them back off. I am not sure but I think this lady told me that visitation was only for 30 minutes on a Saturday? and you had to call ahead to schedule it? I just thought that was a little whacked out. Even in "juvey" here where I lived and the teen was before she was transferred, she got visitation one hour 3x a week, and phone calls every Fri, Sat, Sunday and Monday for 5 minutes. I think she is only allowed two phone calls a week in this new place. Wow. Considering I live an hour and half from this place, and that is quite a drive for me (when I get my car fixed), being allowed to visit for 30 minutes is hardly worth the trip (well other than for psyche reasons). I am going to have to make a few phones and see if a longer visitation can be arranged. Oh, and I have to call the lady down there who is in charge of schooling, as my daughter needs a Geometry credit!

In other news, a group came today to do my lawn, free of charge! It took them a whole 10 minutes. My friend Susie is going to hate me over this one, as she says she has to pay somebody 30 bucks to cut hers and I get my done for free! I guess living in the city has its perks. I got a phone call a few days back telling me that my name was given to them by the city, who did a repair fair here and put me in some deck steps (for free too!), and that this lawn care team would coming all season and probably next year too to do my lawn care! I was ecstatic! My lawn never looked so good!

Now, if I could just get my car running I would be happy camper. I have Walter, my mechanic, looking for a new motor and I have a friend who is loaning me the money to get it fixed, or should I say is giving me the money. I love him. We will be taking it out in trade! ha!

and that's it, folks!

2 comments:

  1. My neighbors have been mowing my lawn for free since my surgery in March. Hey, good luck with that there motor. I would be so seriously mad about that thing that you just wouldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mad at what? those kids driving my car till it was out of fluids and killing it? yep, well, I'm just glad they didn't wreck and really hurt themselves or do major body damage on top of it all.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!