For me, roly poly Monday waddled along slowly with long winded medical and psychological dictators talking about massively obese and morbidly obese patients. Isn't that a helluva a way to describe somebody? I think it is. We used to have this doctor who I swear if they were over 120 pounds he said their abdomen was obese, well, I might even that profile! But from the sound of him, and his infernal coughing while dictating reports, he was probably a long-haired hippie assed pothead. (I don't have anything against potheads either, I was married to one). Sometimes you conjure up images of these doctors and the patients. Call it brain boredom while listening and typing such boring stuff. Some of these doctors are frustrating to get through, and some of the patient stories are really sad; others are not.
I am in no way making fun of roly poly people, as a matter of fact if I keep up this middle aged spread I might join the ranks thereof! You wouldn't believe what some of these people claim disability for and want Social Security to take care of them and get medical benefits. Yes, I've heard it all. I know what to say and what not to say, and how to walk, and do the talk when I go apply for my disability! Why am I applying? Cause I'm tired of typing; which is about as lame as some of the people's complaints, I swear its true. There are no doubt some get it who don't deserve it, others are denied and should receive it. All I would tell anybody is to make sure you have the proper medical documentation and perhaps a lawyer or powerful medical personnel to pull it through for you.
On the subject of roly poly's here's something to ponder. If one's abdominal girth is 80 inches at the level of the umbilicus, patient is 5 feet 5 inches tall, what do you think this patient weighs? and at 5 feet 3 inches with an abdominal girth of merely 54 1/2 inches, want to take a guess at this patient's weight? It is sad that obesity will take its toll on the joints, but to eat yourself fat and then expect somebody to pay for you to sit on your ass is just ridiculous!
Yep, it was a roly poly Monday on the transcription front, how was yours?
Roly Poly?
When you think of roly poly, do you think of these things?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you regarding people getting disability for the dumbest things. "I don't feel like working" just shouldn't cut it.
ReplyDeleteOur tax dollars at work.
hi Sarah, how are you?
ReplyDeleteI think most of them claim crazy.