Since being removed from her dad's residence August 14th, 2008, how has she been doing? Well, today she actually got up and made it to the bus stop with my driving her for the first time! YAY! She has missed way too many days this year already, but even with excused absences her work has fallen behind in her classes as a Junior this year. She was off last week for fall break however didn't do much in the way of catching up over break as far as I could tell. She said that she was supposed to start back in those classes from the beginning starting with a change in her schedule at the counselor's office first thing this morning.
She is a little moody though, and at times a bit snappy. I see that perhaps she has bouts of overexcitedness with bouts of lethargy, so I'm wondering if perhaps there could a component of bipolar in here somewhere. Somewhere in the back of my mind it stays with me. I need to start recording her mood swings in order to really watch and see how she is functioning. She was prescribed meds a few weeks ago, but doesn't tolerate that well. I think it's time for a change. She wanted a job, and says she cannot function at a job if she is that sleepy, and I would tend to agree with that assessment. I don't know what the mental health people will think, but frankly she is more important, and of course her health is of the utmost importance, that includes both physically and mentally.
Her next appt should be coming up sometime this week with Dr. Fisher. I need to check that scheduled appt so we don't miss it.
No job yet. Only she reconnected with a few friends she had in fourth grade at Rose Hill Christian School, perhaps the reason for her upbeat mood at present, we'll see how well she maintains that mood and motivation this week, it's only Monday.
that's it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!