I was told by my daughter's Social Worker today that my daughter's father was arrested. The charges involve rape and sodomy of a child age 12 or less, and more charges are pending. My first thought was Bobbi.
In order to spare her from hearing this at school or being text messaged inadvertently I decided to pick her up after school and tell her myself. I saw it on the 5 o'clock news today online, so did my friends. Bobbi Jo did not see it. I don't ever want her to see that if I can help it. How terribly sad for her, and for all of us really to have to live with this stigma. How dare him. It sickens me to my very core.
Her first reaction was one of anger, tears, wanting to know what exactly he was charged with, wanting to know which jail he was in, what would happen to the dog and even her hamster. I told her that surely there was someone taking care of that, probably Sandy, his newly divorced ex. She told me she knew he did it and he would go to prison and she would not have a Dad. It broke my heart.
This was my day. I haven't worked a full 8 hour day since Bobbi arrived here. She has needed my full attention. Tomorrow it is a call to the lawyer's office, trying to make sure Bobbi has some sort of future. Her stepmother called informed me that his bail was $200,000, who his attorney was, and that he would be arraigned tomorrow morning.
Troopers Arrest Man on Child Rape Charges
ASHLAND, Ky. (WSAZ) – A Catlettsburg man is under arrest on sexual abuse charges involving a child less than 12 years old.
Kentucky State Police arrested 52-year-old Bobby O**** at his home on Wednesday.
KSP say the charges involve two foster children who recently lived in his home.
O**** is charged with one count of rape and one count of sodomy. Investigators say more charges could be pending.
O**** is in the Boyd County Detention Center.
They even had his damned picture in there. Poor Bobbi.
"How Do I Deal with being the daughter of a rapist?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have no clue how you handle something like this. I guess with a little kindness from friends. Right?
ReplyDeleteIf jails down there are anything like the ones up here...he will rue the day believe me. He'll be getting a taste of his own medicine. Prisoners do not like child molesters.
He's going to know how it feels to be powerless. He has it coming.
Oh, Bella, I am So Sorry that both You and Bobbi have to deal with this. Sherry's SO RighT he hasn't even begun to seen Hell yet, He'll be spending his days in 'P.C.' with the scum of the Prison Population. Sending Prayers & Love. (Holler if you have any questions that maybe I can help with)
ReplyDelete