What the He double L

here I am working my ass off and trying to upload my last report at around 12:10 and I realize that my internet service went out...just like that!

Image result for poof

no warning, nada.  At first I think the work server might be down and then I realize that I cannot access the internet so then I look at my router and modem and check all my cables...to no avail...

so I called Time Warner ... which is now Spectrum.  The lady tells me that my modem has been disabled ... and I'm like ... why?  It was fine yesterday.  She said that since my conversation yesterday to change my service with Spectrum to try to downgrade and save some cash, someone had pushed or done something to cause my modem to be disabled ... but not to worry she said...they were sending me a new modem which was due to arrive on February 11th...

February 11th? That I tell her is just unacceptable since I work from home, and please explain to me why a company would cut off service before the client got their new modem?  I remember the guy telling me to pick up my modem at the local store soon he said ... but he didn't say my service was going to be cut off the next day! ... not to worry she says....she would try to fix it so I could use the modem that I had ... but to no avail...

I had 2 options:  I could wait on my new modem to be delivered via Ups in two days...

or 

I could drive to my local TimeWarner office and pick up another modem!  Are you kidding me?  I've already lost my entire lunch break dealing with this issue and being on the phone, could not log out of my work station ... and now I'm going to be delayed another 30 minutes or so until I can retrieve and get back home and set up once again ...

by the time it was all said and done, I had to work 45 minutes over my normal schedule.  I was not a happy camper.  The lady at the local Spectrum office said that when the guy put in the new order, it automatically deactivated the modem she surmised ... sure right....you people get an F for customer service! I am not impressed ... maybe I need to try direct TV...

The things you have to go through to save a little cash...

2 comments:

  1. Direct Tv doesn't have the speed you'd need and the price for their internet is quite a bit higher than Spectrum. They don't actually have internet, they use a third party provider. Like Verizon for DSL, Exede for satellite and Spectrum for broadband. Plus they throttle you during peak usage times. Before we moved I was paying $80 a month for 5 Mbps of speed and didn't have a connection at all when it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been fortunate in that regard, though I don't know why. But I have to agree that Time-Warner or Spectrum really really suck at customer service.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!