Oh Gawd! What Did I Just Do?



Nooooooo!  I was leaving to take the kiddo to her tumbling class, and realizing I parked in the alley I locked my front screen door and then inadvertently went out my back door, but it appears that I hit the twist lock on the back door not thinking and as soon as I shut it ... I realized I don't have a key for that lock, so I whip out a few credit cards and other cards trying to slide and open the door.  The door must be 30 years old and it by no means is that secure ... a little rickety, after all, its just a twist lock, it couldn't be that hard to get open could it?... well think again... I couldn't get it open despite my efforts and I really didn't want to have to call in a locksmith! So I decided to take her on to her class and deal with it when I got back home.

it figures my full glass screen door at the front door has a deadbolt which did come with two keys; however, where are the keys when you need them? certainly not on my keychain! ...

so I finally arrive back at the hacienda, and its hotter than a mother hummer due to the humidity here, and after a few more 'jimmy' attempts to avoid paying a locksmith fee, it became impossible to pick this lock so I had to call a locksmith.   Don't you hate it when that happens? locking yourself out...ugh!

Well, he doesn't call or arrive until about 9:30 ... it appears this guy was rather elderly, forgot his glasses, forgot his tools that he was going to bring the first time, and failed at both locks the first time, so he went back home to retrieve more tools!  I was beginning to wonder if he could get the job done at all, but finally he did and at a cheaper price than I had to pay before.  He only charged me $45 bucks; it could have been worse!  Oh, what a night! but finally we got back in the house at 11 PM!  all I can say is..

There's no place like home :).

2 comments:

  1. my son and his fiancee had a similar problem...only they were house sitting her boss's house because that is where the daycare is and she had to open the daycare in the mornings while the boss was on vacay. The locksmith charged him $71...would only take cash. He was going to charge $75 but my son had $71 on him. It is better than me. I am lucky if I have $2 on me. ANYWAY, he could only get the daycare door open and it had a chain on it. Luckily, they could VERY EASILY pop the door frame. nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh lordy ... it never fails to happen when you're broke too! its good to see you. if you get bored come to Ky and see me! I do know the weekends get lonely for me here too.

      Delete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!