Blogging ... who takes the time anymore?

Where have I been these days?  I have blogged for years now, and met a lot of interesting people online and enjoyed it for the most part.  One such friendship landed in a 7 year relationship, albiet it one sided I would come to find out, but nonetheless came from an online chat.  The New York billionaire and his Kentucky gal.  Right.  Haven't really been in a relationship since.

Most of us old Bloggers from Blostream are still around, and my connection with you, while it may seem far and few in between, even at times when I'm MIA or you are, we still try to touch base and catch up.  I've missed yuns. I don't know what happened to a few of 'em.  Is there still an active group site on Facebook? Blogger is where most of us migrated to after Blogstream shut down.  Some of us would try other sites for a while.

Most of you I know online, and I've been known to rant, rave, and everything inbetween...share probably way too much of myself and my real life but after all, isn't that what we're doing here? Connecting and sharing and laughing, sometimes bitching?  I've learned a lot about myself online; its a form of therapy I think.  I used to love to write, have gotten away from it.  Sad to say when family is missing, and friends die off or come and go or are even too few, the online connections sometimes means a lot.

Right now I am going through a lot, things maybe I can share, maybe not, but I need to try.  I'm around.  I need to clean up my blog lists as some are pretty old and haven't blogged in years it would appear.  :) If you're still around and feel inclined, give me a shoutout.

9 comments:

  1. I'm around, just under a different blog title. I tried Blogster for awhile but the atmosphere there seemed mostly toxic and petty. Plus I have added and deleted blogs here over time. Even now I often read posts and wander off without comment. I'll try to be better about the commenting. Hope you're not melting away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melting? like a witch ... oh yeah...ask my granddaughter who'll tell you I'm the most evil wicked witch EVER!!!! must be doing something right...

      Delete
  2. Everyone appears to have migrated to Facebook. Which reminds me Big Chris died last week. Biggie T has sold Heliotrope and moved to Florida. I read what the streamers write there and wonder who they are and why did we think we had such solid connections? I miss who they used to be. Then again, I'm not the same either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Misty is on Facebook but I lost track of any others. I've long wondered whatever happened to good ol' Fuzzy.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, we were just a wild bunch having fun. Times change and so do we but we hold those in our heart for who we thought they were. I still enjoy visiting you and Nancy and a few others ... also some people on Blogster. I can't find the Blogstream group on facebook; I used to have a link but not any more. I turned 60 this year and I'm just tired a lot ...

      Delete
  3. I have kind of disconnected from most, I guess. I read a few blogs that I found here on from those on Blogstream. This place is hard to connect and navigate. I am glad that I started with Blogstream. I did it at a time when I really needed it. It is actually good, I think, that I don't have that now or I would get myself in to trouble. LOL I use my blog now for my therapy. It is fine if no one comments much. I am exploring my new life...fleshing out my thoughts and feelings...just trying to find some sense of it all. I am planning the next big move in my life...although it looks like it is still 2 years down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah there's not the connection there we all had at blogstream, it was a lot of fun and drama haha ... but we're all grown up now! LOL ... maybe. You have gone through quite a metamorphosis and express yourself very well. I enjoy catching up when I have the time to get on here. Right now this teen is taking up way too much time and stress. I guess your kids are grown and moved out.

      Delete
  4. It was only by accident that I found I still had THIS blog up. As for the Facebook migration...I for one just kind of ran out of steam after Blogstream closed. All of my rants were reduced to a paragraph or so AND I found that I had to start censoring myself somewhat because a LOT of people from my REAL life [eg family, etc] weren't exactly on the same level as my blogging folks .. which of course a good many of those blogging folks have probably seen over the years! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Bry so good to see you. do I have anything sticking out of my margins? hahaha!

      Delete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!