Caged Up ...

 

Lately its been work, work, and more work and I've felt caged in due to all the services coming into the home directly after work; this is making for some long days.  Little Queenie has not been the most cooperative teen, however considering she was gone a total of 18 months altogether counting both times, what was I expecting? a perfect child with no further issues?  Speaking of caged up, and some anger rightly so, I'm sure she felt rather caged up and confined as well.  Fact is she has a new counselor whom she met for the first time Monday, so I am hoping that at least she can open up and get some feelings out and spewing less anger out.  She put on her Facebook page a 'crying face' and talk about not having her mother/father in her life, only to state that she had a fuss with her mother, who is 3,000 miles away, and I lent an ear to possibly get her to open up about it, but she refused to talk about it.  I am constantly surveying her Facebook and chats (everything I can do on my smartphone) to make sure she isn't inappropriate and/or editing comments made by others.  She does have some really nice kids she talks to online however.   Its only a matter of just a few short weeks before school gets in session again, that will at least give her more routine instead of staying up all night and sleeping all day. I think this is the new teen phenomena, staying up all night on Facebook or snapchat, and then sleeping all day.  However, she doesn't know that I am the Wifi Queen around here and Yours Truly just blocked snapchat altogether and will allow her some social networking but after a certain time at night ... oopsey! must be problems with the carrier, and/or in the line.  Amazing she hasn't caught on yet but there are such things as Parental Controls on the router.  Its been a godsend.

Yesterday it was shopping for school clothes and today will be shopping for supplies.

However, guess who had the night off and no services yesterday? Yep, Yours Truly.  Indeed I felt like a free bird and totally enjoyed it, actually more than I should have! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!