more meaningless babble...


...listening to a cool jazz mix now-- when all is quiet.  

Earlier today, I got a IM from my boss telling me she was stopping by my house after work. I work from home, so immediately a red flag was thrown up. I figured she was taking off, firing me, or retiring herself...(well, not that bad, but I figured important enough for her to stop in) so here I was imagining the worse, but she just needed someone to talk to herself.  We go back a long ways.  We talked shit and shop...Its been rough lately for the both of us, work and life stuff.  After she left, I played a wii game or two with granddaughter and now that all is now quiet, I'm listening...unwinding...thinking about the small things…

"some days, the veneer of sanity is
but a frightfully thin coat of face,
not a mask...but a real live face.

it thinks no one will notice,

like the face of one extraordinary,
made beautiful by the hands of
an artist, pigmented blushes upon
undercoats of base hues, eyes
accented, lips highlighted, cheeks
rosy...but

beneath are thoughts of significant consequence.

I find solace, perceptible pleasure in small things,
but the small things are disappearing...and
my hands hurt too much to flip the hourglass.

time marches, does not stand still for even a moment.

and some days,
the mind just doesn't care anymore,
it knows it can wait out the clock while
it ticks away the hours of another day...

and passes through night,
with all it's dreams and such,
and it hopes that something,
someone, somewhere... 

just might, today, make a difference...sometimes I just need a reminder that I do make a difference.

(a friend of mine wrote this beautiful prose, FW he called himself).  As I listen to my jazz I drift off in my own thoughts... 

2 comments:

  1. You really are a very poetic writer. I think you make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella:

    I have been "circus sized." :^)

    You wrote, "Time marches, does not stand still for even a moment."

    At this point in my life, time does not march - it sprints!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!