I know this post might appear a little odd; however a few years ago, my sister's daughter went to see a medium. This was after my mother's death from bowel surgery complications. It was a shock to all of us, however, in the visit with this medium, my mother and her mother came through with revelations. My mother was concerned over what was happening with my eldest daughter, mentioned her, and for us to look after her, she was worried about her, and come to find out with good reason.
While questions were being asked and/or information exchanged and revealed, my grandmother, Katherine "Betty" Whitt, told her story. If when you die, are you able to confer with those who have passed on before you? see the future? look back into your past like a movie reel of your life? It makes you wonder, doesn't it? Do you believe that your loved ones stay connected even though they have passed on?
My grandmother revealed that she died of blunt trauma to the head, (circa 1945), she wasn't sure with what exactly, whether it was a gunshot directly to her head, or some other object. She also revealed the person who did this to her; it was my grandmother's lover's brother. My grandmother was murdered by her lover's brother because a love child born out of wedlock? I don't know the motive, it was the early 1940s...was it mafia, money, greed? a jealous rage of some sort? Perhaps my grandmother threatened to blow the whistle on something? It was rumored this was a 'mafia' hit. My mother's life would forever change, and we would never know our own grandmother due to this perpetrated and premeditated act of violence. I remember seeing her picture in my mother's bedroom, she was a beautiful woman. Why would someone want to murder her, and leave my mother an orphan, who would then have to go live with other family members, only to be abused. Why would her real father not take her? It must have been awful for my mother to lose the only person in her life.
In 1955, at only 15 years of age, my mother married my father just to get out of that abusive house she was living in. I am not sure but I remember my mother telling me that she was told the case was 'sealed' and she could not find out who had murdered her own mother. She worked for Olan Mills studio back when in Middletown, Ohio, retouching photos.
As the story unfolded, we would learn that my mother's real father was a very influential man, who did not want a child (my mother), and thus wanted my grandmother to get an abortion, so they would part ways, and she moved off for awhile. My grandmother would bear his child, my mother, however keeping "Elaine" (my mother) a secret, until one day he would learn the truth; that he was, in fact, the father of an illegitimate child. My grandmother moved back to Middletown with my mother who was 5, thinking that perhaps by hat time people would forget perhaps the rumors that once were. Could my mother's father have been married at the time he was having an affair with my grandmother, and unable to take in my mother as his own child? Did his wife at the time, know about my grandmother and/or my mother? Was this a love triangle, between my grandmother, her lover and his brother?
According to the revelation revealed, because my grandmother had rebuked him by having the child and not following through with an abortion (did they even do those back then?), there was supposedly a 'hit' ordered. I think he did not want his reputation tarnished, maybe he was in politics, and perhaps some law enforcement was involved and it was hushed, silenced forever, sealed. My mother was born in 1940, so my grandmother was killed in the early 40s. One thing is certain, it would have been considered taboo in those days to have a child out of wedlock.
However, my mothers attempts at finding out information surrounding her own mothers death failed back when. Times have changed, though, and there have been cold case files reopened. I want to know what happened, and who or if anybody was punished for her murder? If my mother's father had his 'lover' (my grandmother) killed, its not a secret that his brother did the deed, as my grandmother told us this through the medium.
Do you know, bloggers, if there is anyway I could find out this information? Unless I go to Middletown, looking up records that have been microfilmed, which would take weeks if not months, I really hate to buy into these records searches. Does anybody have access to records search? If so, please look up Aubrey Tutt, date of birth Feb 18, 1918; and let me know what you find. This was my mother's real father, whom she never knew, but who upon sickness or in his soul searching, called her to meet with her, and she went to his funeral in February or March of 2004; only months later she herself would perish (my mother). It was rumored that Aubrey had quite a fortune, perhaps his motive for killing off my grandmother? Also I am not sure what was on my mother's birth certificate, Audrey Elaine Whitt Tutt...? This tragedy happened in Middletown, Ohio in the 40s (?45)... I figure considering woman found dead in apartment of a suspicious nature would have been front page news...I wonder what mystery would be uncovered from this time period. I've not had much luck with online search, other than finding out that there is a Cold Case bureau in Butler County.

Boy I don't know. 65 years hides a lot of evilness. I think you need a pro, and of course that's not cheap. Wish I had a more constructive suggestion.
ReplyDelete