I Can't Stand a Thief or a Liar...

Gawd...Some things are so intrinsically wrong they make my blood boil when they happen ... and stealing from me is #1. Denying with lying is #2.  I don't give a shit if you are family or not, if you steal from me, don't think I'm not going to notice, and don't think for one minute that I don't know you stole it, and know for real that I can see through the denial and lying eyes.  You had opportunity.  You had need. Did you think I haven't noticed this has happened before?  Yes, I've noticed, and your crutch would be to use your sister, after all I would believe "she" stole it, right?  Sure...that was YOUR thinking...however that wasn't the case. 

Yes, your sister had a drug addiction problem.  Yes, she stole, lied and connived to support her habit, and so did her do-less husband, no good for nothing.  But don't think for one minute that you are off the hook, because I know for a fact your sister didn't do it.  In fact, she brought money into this house this evening for me to put up for her to save for her rent because she doesn't trust herself not to spend it, as she is an impulsive shopper.  I have a hard enough time trying to build back any trust and respect that your sister destroyed, only to have to worry that now its you who is stealing and deceiving me?  

I have never been so hurt in my life by members of my own family, or even those who had professed to love me at some point in my life, aka your own father who made my life a living hell for years.  I don't have issues with trusting people, in general, just those people who have turned into thieves, liars, or fakes.  I can't stand a fake person either.  You know those people who put more value on 'keeping up with the Joneses and collecting things' rather than having any true grit.  Take Mother-In-Law for instance, she is one of those.  I never thought I would see you fall into this category of liars and thieves, and it hurts me a lot. 

If somebody really needs something from me, they ask, they don't just steal it.  Ask and ye shall receive, right? but steal from your own mother?  If you can't trust your own family, who can you trust? I don't care who you are, stealing from your own family is a cardinal sin.  I am good to you; I pay for you to drive keeping you in insurance, pay your cellphone bill, and you steal money out of my billfold?  I took you just tonight and bought you things you needed; items you wanted, and when we got back home, I am on the porch distracted with a neighbor who dropped by on the sidewalk to chat, while you obviously took that opportunity to lift a few twenty dollar bills.  Can you live with your deceitful deed, really?  after you kissed and hugged me bye.  As your mother, I feel ashamed of you, truly. Will I even try to talk to you about this?  I doubt it.  What good would it do? You would just deny it right? I know what you did.  You know what you did. Its shameful, and not to mention it really just pisses me off.  

Excuse me bloggers, I really had to get this off my chest.  Next purchase: a home lockable combination safe.

6 comments:

  1. I have never been so hurt in my life by members of my own family...

    Its a common occurrence in my family (my brothers and sister) but we're a very dysfunctional family. For that reason we tend to avoid each other to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stealing from Mom in some ways is easier than stealing from strangers. Still would bother me a lot if family stole from me. Sometimes it sounds like your life is roller derby, with you getting whacked all along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skinny,

    some days I feel whacked, today was one of them. All that walking in the park, ugh, I wanta sleep in tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beach Bum,

    dysfunctional is the norm, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betrayal by family; of all the injuries one confronts, it hurts the deepest. To get past it, the grief, the disbelief, the confusion, the anger, the deep sense of loss. OF those, for me it is the deep sense of loss. I hope this will pass soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Cap! Happy 4th to you. Where are you, still in Paris?

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!