me? have a backup plan?
its funny I have Mater up here at the beginning of the week, the perfect ending for the week too.
As you all know, I've had my share of automotive issues in the last few years, bought two motors due to an over-exuberant and out of control teen and the motor was running great, until yesterday.
While many of you might have thought "time for a new car" back when, I am one of these emotionally attached to their car persons and am not in a financial position to go out and buy the Buick of my dreams...nor anything really above 10 grand..which limits my selection quite frankly.
So far today, I can't even get ahold of Mater to go tow my car off the YMCA parking lot where its transmission refused to go any further. Yes! this time I believe its the transmission. You try to start it, it just kicks off, a smell ensues (not typical of a motor smell), and yes it had been slipping a little, a slight tug noticed occasionally, not always...and I had the transmission fluid checked just the day before as I was concerned about it.
Just the perfect ending for my stressful workday too, as I was wondering what the hell else could happen? in that we were not going to make the deadline with a few clients files...
Yes, f my carless and penniless life. Donations of money or a reasonably running car appreciated. Email me.
Update: A friend of mine looked at my car; he seems to think it wasn't getting the gas, that the hesitation I've been feeling was because of a fuel injector clogging up or the fuel line somewhere blocked. You can hear the pump but it won't start. So, we'll see what the mechanic says...either/or its probably time for a new ride.

If there's a Carmax near you, it's probably worth a visit. Got my last two cars there and haven't been disappointed.
ReplyDeletewell...I have no advice. what good AM I? LOL...wish I could help you out...however, I'm having trouble securing myself a paying gig so that I can secure myself a vehicle that I no longer have to share with my son!
ReplyDeleteUgh. I'm sorry to hear that the Bellamobile is still giving you a fit! I know what you mean about the attachment thing too -- I'd be crushed if Maurice ever died on me! :[
ReplyDelete