Homemade Holiday Delights...

Tonight I was in my local drug store when I happened to spy a tub of creamed pulled candy upon a shelf in the Christmas aisle. I was there to pick out an ornament to take into work tomorrow for a gift ornament exchange and a catered lunch.

OMGosh!! Seeing that tub of creamed pulled candy brought back memories of my 90 year old Aunt Minnie, who would every holiday make pulled creamed candy that was a pure delight and melted in your mouth!

Aunt Minnie always seemed 90 years old to me my whole childhood. Bless her heart. I have nothing but fond memories of her and creamed candy! but I could never forget her husband, Uncle Ritchie, who spent his days rubbing his chair arm and clacking his teeth after a stroke, not able to really communicate his needs. Their daughter, Christine, was the closest thing to God that I ever knew. She spent nearly everyday in the church, was a Sunday school teacher and church organist, and paid for my sister and I to take piano lessons. She was the most giving, loving, and soft spoken person who spent her whole life with her parents and helped take care of them until they passed away.

I wondered if Mom Blakeman’s could live up to Aunt Minnie’s creamed candy, and I was pleasantly surprised that it melted in my mouth. It was absolutely delicious! Just like Aunt Minnie’s…

I went to the website. Here is the link if you’d like to order you some pulled creamed candy. Established in 1961 by "Mom" Blakeman, it remains a family owned and operated company in Kentucky dedicated to producing the highest quality creamed pull candy available. Light, rich, flaky and hand-made with pure butter and sugar, it really does melt in your mouth.

Yep, it definitely does melt in your mouth, no kidding!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I've never heard of this stuff....darn you Bella and your wicked sugary confections! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my Aunt Nene's divinity. That's what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!