Desperately Seeking Coffee...

After you crawl out of bed way too early on a Sunday morning, all you're thinking about (if you're a coffee lover) is that first morning cup of love; better than sex almost. 

So you anxiously await, after assembling the water and coffee grounds, and plug in the automatic brewer and it doesn't work?? what the hell?? the lights on and nothing is happenin'?

damnit...

...considering my ancient aged house, maybe its just that plug-in...so I plug it into another socket on the opposite counter end, and still no action! I check out the cords, no frays, nothing...

damnit again...

I bought this Black & Decker coffee pot not that long ago, due to the fact that I was sick of Mr. Coffee's and a few other choice brands that lasted very few months; there was a 3 month period that I went through two coffee pots, and this one I painstakingly picked out, and paid damn good money for it! I've tried cheaper pots and medium cheap pots, but there ain't no way in hell I'm gonna pay 90 bucks for a coffee maker!

Dead.  No coffee brewer this morning. First thing that enters my mind after a few choice curses was "instant coffee."  I don't know about ya'll, but I hate that nasty stuff,  and I could never, ever, get a cup of instant coffee to taste right.  Ick!

So, as a coffee lover, I am forced to manually improvise and make myself a cup of java. There are no paper filters in the house per se because my latest was a no-filter coffee maker (one of the options I liked) so I fill my tea kettle up and boil some water, and instead of just a cup, I poured the hot water through the strainer basket in the coffeemaker and it dripped into the glass coffee carafe. One step perhaps above instant, but better than nothing.


After I made me a cup, I then sat down here at the computer, and went online to Wal-Mart to see what other coffee brewers I might possibly waste money on next...
 
then, I noticed her...
 
all sleek, a stainless steel beauty...the Presto Percolator!
 
Presto!!! The answer to my coffee solution.  As I recall, this percolator does make the best coffee ever! I don't know what I was thinking all these years wasting money on this automatic brewers.  I remember my in-laws used nothing else, and it was the best coffee ever!  As far as I can remember, that Presto worked for years and years, longer than I was married to their son, and God knows where that Presto ended up as the marriage didn't end so good.   
   
Anyway, she's my next purchase at $42.99, and undoubtedly will become my bestest morning friend!

2 comments:

  1. I love my morning coffee too. I've went through my own share of coffee makers also..very frustrating...just bought a cheap one this time...there is nothing worse then waking up for your morning cup of java. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Lori; I've done really cheap ones too, I'm going for the percolator this time, as it really does make a difference in the taste of brewed coffee!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!