welcome to management...




where one touch of my IM sends a request halfway across the world, a response back, and a thank you from me, with a message back that says, "No need to thank me, I am here to serve you."

Really? I was taken aback a little.  Been a while since I heard that one! too bad the guys in the US aren't that eager to please! ha! However my next immediate thought was that I could get used to that! LOL ... Does that mean I can order up a back massage and a catered lunch? Oh, that might be asking a little too much and a little hard to get done from India! yikes!

I do love it that these people are so eager to serve! that's because they are taking over the medical transcription business.

This past week was a nightmare on the management homefront for a newbie like me, if it wasn't email issues, it was scheduling difficulties, taking responsibility for allocating work to 8 different people, learning the procedures, navigating the software...yada yada...I can tell you I was not prepared to step into the shoes of someone who does the job of 3 people, and who is lucky she is trapsing halfway around the world in India, cause if she were close by, I would have choked her! ..and several times! LOL

I let her have my rant one night in an email, raving about my lunacy of a day and how inept I felt I was not trained to do this job in her absence, la-te-da, and the fact that I was not expecting the responsibility I got slapped with, and that my paycheck had better match my stress level or else! LOL I told her that if I got custody of my granddaughter here in a week or so, that I did not have time for two 24/7 jobs! and allocating on the weekends too!

What a pain in the rawwrrr! There were two days there I just about told them to take that job and shove it!  I was ready to bail, had my stuff walking out the door! stressed out to the max.  I was ready to drink and smoke too byGod! Especially on Friday, somebody's internet was down, they were only going to work till noon; another one's computer crashed on them, we got bombarded with work over what we normally get, it was crazy! my email was acting up AGAIN!!!! and it was a juggling act all day just to get the work allocated to the right people to keep the customer reps happy and the clients happy! Sheesh! Even though I did the best I could at allocating, there was not enough people to cover that mad workload, so I worked from 7 to 7 myself, but vowed that would be the last day I'd do that.

Today, Monday, was a piece of cake compared to Friday!  I am just now feeling a little comfortable with all I need to do.  Being in the production business doing medical transcription reports, we have TAT (turn around time) mostly of 24 hours.  That means from the time its called in till the time its out is 24 hours, only a few clients give us 48 hours.  My DDS TAT times were exceeding 100 hours.  Critey! that's what happens when you do not have enough QA people to do a particular client and the workload for that one particular client is just massive!  The US in charge of production (my boss for nearly 12 years) and who is now a part of this large corporation looked at me today and said, "I do not want you having to proof at all, your job is now management, and we have the people, and the resources ... use them."  He was very nice to me as he knows I am trying to keep everything lined out, and will even dive in myself and proof if need be.  I told him I would have no trouble doing that! just show me the money and give me the extra hands! I had forgotten that being around all the old office people is kinda fun, actually!

and how was your week? weekend?  Sheesh where I have been? Working like a slave I tellyuns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!