The Saga of Memorial Day Weekend...

PhotobucketMs. *****, this is Officer ***** with the **** City Police and we have your daughter.

"Is she all right?"

Yes, ma'am, it appears there has been some car trouble, and the car quit. There is a male occupant with her (he was driving MY car), did you know him? His name is ...

... blah ... blah ... questions, conversation ...

(Of course I'm relieved she was all right, they were asleep with the officer arrived on the scene, thank God for that.)

"Ma'am I'll be happy to give her a ride home."

Thank you, Officer ***** I appreciate your help. I'll do my best to take care of the car when I can contact someone to go look at it. Thanks again.

Photobucket and so at last my little juvenile delinquent returned home from her joyride (which began at a little after midnight last night until around 8 a.m.)and car stealing adventure. Well, my wonderful news is that my car is trashed totally; it makes a horrible noise, I'm sure the block is probably cracked, the valves warped, and God knows what else. Yes, a car needs fluids to run on, or sooner or later it just quits dead.

Yes, my workweek has ended on a happy note.

How does daughter react to grounding? Let's just say she is not taking to it really well. She has no computer, no phone privileges, nada. She has had plenty of warnings, and this is the showdown. Somebody is going down, and so far I've taken a few licks. Until she can respect my property, my rules, she has nothing. I stand firm. She wants to leave and so last night she did again. I told her that is she decides to take off, I will make a police report and sooner or later either she can learn to follow the rules or she will be following the Judge's rules, because she will end up in trouble obviously.

After her sister and I came home looking for her, we no sooner stepped out the jeep when a police car pulled up and the officer opened the door for her to get out. I was relieved once again to see her, but as soon as he left and she didn't get phone privilege again, she was physically throwing furniture and acting out again. I once again told her it would not be in her best interests to act out and not follow the house rules, and that she was becoming quite the celebrity with the local police department. Actually the cop made a statement that two police car escorts in one day was basically unheard of on his beat.

Yes, grounding has not gone to well, she is bullying me, threatening me, and gotten physical with me. So far I've been hit with a fist, kneed in the groin, threatened with a knife and she threw it, she's thrown the phone and various other things, and let's see what else ... she has locked me out of my own house, squeezed me in the door, has thrown chairs around, took my housecoat and threw it out back where the trash is (that was hilarious), has taken my computer screen off my desk and upstairs, and dared me to get it back, crushed up crackers and threw them on my desk, and has jerked my clothing at physical attempts. Her anger is really scary. Yes she has been quite childish in wanting her own way and trying to get me to relent to whatever demand she thinks she needs.

and the beat went on ...

Photobucketuntil she left about 11 p.m. last night (Saturday) with the cops taking her to see the Court Designated Worker. She is in the juvenile detention center. I don't think she realized when she called the cops (at her father's urging) that they would notice that she had battered me, had torn my shirt all the way down the front, jerked and pulled me and my hair, all over my telling her to get off the phone? Her anger is unbelievable over nearly nothing. The police took pictures of the nasty bruise on my right arm and a big hematoma bruise on my left shin where she kicked me the other day. She also kneed me in the groin Saturday but there was no pictures of that taken. Acc. to the court worker, she was charged with fourth degree assault.

My teen got her way, she wanted out of here so she has screamed at me for days now all because she cannot tolerate being disciplined?! or being grounded with no computer or phone. She has been hard to deal with for months, wearing me down, and this was more than likely inevitable at some point. I hate it for her, but she has to learn, too bad it's going to be the hard way.

What happened in court today?

PhotobucketWhen my friend and I pulled into the courthouse parking lot this morning, I saw the back of my daughter in shackles and chains and it shook me to tears. It still does to even type this. She didn't realize what she was getting herself into when she landed in the courtroom of Judge George Davis, Juvenile Judge. He is the toughest judge ever.

What happened? I still don't know, it happened so fast. All I know is she isn't coming home, and there is a court date for July 7th. She is going to I think some place called Gateway, a secure juvenile facility. The charges were read off, the lawyers conferred, and he lowered the boom. I was told by this lady who represented my daughter, a public defender, that he allows no talking in his courtroom unless he is directing it. I didn't get to say one thing, neither did my daughter. It's as if this man is feared. Even the court desginated worker tried to give him recommendations for perhaps her to come home with stipulations, but after learning that the cops were involved four times, he directed no questions to me, or to my daughter, and it was over that quick. I do know I get visitation, but my car doesn't run, so that's going to be a problem, and I don't really have someone I can count on. I am sure Bobbi doesn't realize what happened either. I didn't even get a chance to tell her I loved her.

I went to the Commonwealth's Attorney's office to inform him that Bobbi has been talking to her father off and on these last few months since he has been out on bond, I informed him that this is typical behavior for her to act out when she is talking or communicating with him. I am the enemy, always have been in his eyes, and he has brainwashed this child. He was even on the phone with her goading her to call the law, and I was listening in and I tried to explain the situation, all he said was "she was threatened." Yes, she is threatened with some discipline, that's it. Here is a man, by my own daughter's admission who was emotionally and at times felt threatened with physical violence by him toward her (and I feel he sexually abused her), he is still plotting and manipulating her, because in my heart I feel he knows she will tell. Game over for him. This child has been through pure hell at his hands, looking back I see what he's done, and I will stop him sooner or later or the courts will. I do hope that he goes to prison for the rest of his natural life as he stands accused of rape and sodomy, and I for one believe he is guilty. Here is a man who should have never gotten custody of a child, NEVER, and who should NEVER have contact with my daughter again. I should hope that him being on house arrest and knowing she was subject to testify that he was not allowed to call her or take phone calls from her.

When I got home from court, I called Walter about my car. He said it is going to cost one thousand to $1200 dollars to get my car fixed. It needs a new motor. It might as well be 10,000 dollars cause I don't have it.

All in all this has been a really sad day for me. I can only hope that my daughter is going to get the help she needs so desperately.

1 comment:

  1. What a tough time for you both. I'm sending good thoughts your way. I hope it will all work out well in the end.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!