What Day Is It?

Now I remember it's Monday! I'm exhausted and the week has barely begun. What did I do to wear myself out? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I remember when I could dance all night, get up early, take care of business, go all day, and start all over again.

Whatever happened to real living? It seems to be only a vague memory now. How tired can one be before they just croak over from tiredness? Been there for a couple of years now, and still living that. I bet I could sleep until the day after tomorrow. I was diagnosed in 2004 with Grave's disease and had my thyroid irradiated with I-131, and been on thyroid supplementation ever since. If I had it to do over, I would never have done it. I haven't been the same since. Everything has gone to hell. I don't care what they say about Synthroid, that stuff is awful. Most doctors consider it the gold standard, as well as their little blood tests they say are "normal" which have a variable too large, especially if one is still having symptoms, but try to get a doctor to adjust your meds to make you feel better. My family doctor doubled mine and I still feel like crap.

Think I could call in dead tomorrow from work?

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your life.

2 comments:

  1. Bella, I sometimes wonder if people with health problems are more likely to blog, or if I simply don't hear of the health problems of non-bloggers. I'm quite amazed how many bloggers have serious health concerns. Let's hope they're not CAUSED by blogging!

    I wondered reading this what your prognosis, and what your life would be like if you hadn't had the treatment. BTW, if you've read much of my blog, you know I'm dealing with my own issues. The best I can say about them is that I have hope that in a year or so, I WILL BE BETTER. May this be true for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Snowbrush, hopefully they are not caused by blogging! At the time of my diagnosis of Grave's, I had quit smoking and my body was still adjusting from that. I wonder if perhaps I had waited a few months or so that my system would have regulated itself. As it stands now I have no thyroid thanks to irradiation, and I still don't feel better. I know you had been dealing with back problems is it? We can all use a dose of good health.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!