Well, no sooner do I think things will look up than something else tears it down again. Say today for instance. Teen was told last week that she had to get up three days this week, today, tomorrow and Thursday for state testing at her high school. She told me last night that her not getting out of the car when I took her to school on several occasions (which has been all year remember she is under homebound instruction; either that or it was obvious truancy and then detention) was just childish and stupid, and since she is working part-time now and has more responsibility that was not going to happen. Well, she neglected to get ready to go, despite having plenty of time to do it in, which stressed me out because God knows we've been through this countless times.
She comes down pretending to be ready sarcastically wearing a tank top and sloppy housepants and we proceed to get into the car, with her telling me that she wasn't going to get out of the car anyway once we got out there, well shit hit the fan for me at that point. I ordered her back into the house to get a jacket or change, and realizing she wasn't doing this, I went up to her bedroom, had words with her angrily I might add. I wanted her to know that I meant business. I was so upset that I slide everything off her mantle and onto the floor, and with it breaking three glasses with whatever was in them. Her room is a total pigsty, she leaves food in bowls up there for a week at a time.
She goes to pushing me out of her room. I try to clean up the mess. We continue the verbage, and at some point results in her striking me physically with her closed fist about four times on my left arm/forearm. I leave the room. She comes downstairs and picks up the phone and said she called 9-1-1 while I am still trying to clean the mess up, and I tell her to go ahead, that mothers and daughters having disputes all the time, and I'll show the officer my already starting to bruise arm when he get here. Not to mention through all this madness I am working 8 hours or trying to, and don't get done due to the delays I am having to go through.
After I finish work, I just take off in the car. I need to blow off some steam, have a conversation to air my frustration with a friend or I'm going to just "lose it" myself. She laid her ass in the bed all day in her damned room, while I had to work 8 hours, and sit and stew about it all day long, and I wonder if tomorrow is going to be the same damn way. I am still pissed and it's nearly 10 p.m. Good thing she has counseling tomorrow afternoon, because I am ready to blow.
Any chance the cops would come "escort" her to school?
ReplyDeleteProbably not in Mayberry here. However, she did go the last two days to finish up her testing at school so that was a plus.
ReplyDeleteand ... oh the joys of summer school which is right around the corner, and up early again which is not her thing obviously. If she keeps this up she will end up having an escort from her detention cell?