This was me, too!


 Related image


hahaha! I didn't even eat one piece of candy!  In my neighborhood, trust me, it would take a shitpot of candy to treat all the tricksters that pass my house on their way to Central Park where they have a safer Halloween giveaway of candy via the businesses in the area and local church groups who gather there...

The first few Halloweens I lived here, I bought tons of candy and gave it all away within an hour's time! oops...but as my finances have dwindled over the last few years, I have stopped treating on Halloween. 

Its not even fair for the kids anymore to just wait in line and go around a big square in central park to have somebody throw candy in their bags... They miss out on the door-to-door fun and staying out past the hour and half they impose as a restriction.  Heck...we used to run amuck until way past bedtime! Mom and Dad didn't care, in fact, they'd help us eat the candy! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a horrible neighbor. I haven't given out candy for several years, mostly because I can't be bothered to fix my front light and no one knocks on my door anyway.

    Well, my doorbell doesn't work, but I'm sure they'd knock if it weren't for the front light.

    Holy smokes, I'm one of THOSE weird old people whose house no one goes to for candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry, go on...make the Halloween Walk of Shame!

      Delete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!