
I have always been fascinated since the plunge of hypnosis myself just how powerful the subconscious is over the conscious mind. Think about how many times you've been doing something, say driving for instance, and you get in your car, drive to your destination, but you really don't remember a thing about the drive per se other than you functioned to carry it out. That is how most operate in their waking states, its just a do it type of thing, like rote memorization, but the subconscious mind is a little harder to tap into. Suggestions made into one's subsciousness can be acted upon in a waking state with no recollection that you actually might have done such a thing! For me, hypnosis changed my life from a smoker to non-smoker, nearly 10 years free of that habit, and I have to say I was a heavy smoker at the time. Your mind has the power to heal your body even if you're sick, I believe this wholeheartedly. Here is something I am currently reading.
I was watching this guy, who is a mentalist, and he wanted to find out if people could be hypnotized or programmed to be a hired government spy 'assassin.' Here's a link to a real history website and you can view these videos, programmed to kill . So as I was watching this show, this guy interviews for a recipient who could be hypnotized as some people cannot be, and he relaxed him into a deep sleep and put suggestions in, complete with triggers, and very clear on each step this guy needed to do. His trigger would begin with the sound of a tapping bell like in a diner if an order is up, and his mission would then start, which was to drug someone's coffee (a person he had been programmed to believe was a hitman), and then to remove items from his silver briefcase to prevent a hit on the pictures of the person in that briefcase. Of course everyone in the coffee shop were actors and actresses who let this guy follow through with his hypnotic suggestions. In the real world, if someone had a pill and went to empty it in someone else's drink somebody would noticed and this would not have been accomplished. However this guy did what he was programmed to do, walked out of the coffee shop, right back to where the guy was who hypnotized him and back onto the bed, and after waking thought he had a very strange dream, but in reality his dream was not a dream at all, but rather an act perpetrated by someone under the influence of hypnosis. It was pretty eye awakening, and so I guess its true that people could become programmed assassins and have no recollection of every have done such a thing. This guy was pretty freaked that he would do something like that, and so the hypnotist took out any memory of this incident from his subconscious mind, just erased it, and that in itself is powerful too!
This guy also put an ad in to give movie-goers a free peek at a movie coming out, but once the people entered the theater, he did a group hypnotic gesture and nearly ever participant fell asleep, except the few who witnessed the power of hypnotic suggestion. As the hypnotist told each sleeper that upon awakening you will laugh, feel refreshed, think this was the funniest movie you've ever seen, and believe they sat through that movie. It was surreal to see the expressions on their faces as they realized that they did not see a movie and the people who did not fall under the power of suggestion were there to witness. I am going to continue to explore this, just because it fascinates me to no end! wow! maybe I can put Bella under hypnosis to take out all suggestions of defiance, get her to do chores without being told, and using good manners always!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!