Isabella woke up grouchy as an old bear! Said her head hurt, her neck hurt, she couldn't get up, and she was not going to school, and if she did she was going to be the meanest ever and "you'll get a call mamaw from the school telling you to come pick me up!" I checked her head to see if she was running a fever, because last week she had the flu, so I thought maybe she could be relapsing, but instead of engaging in the negativity of the morning, I just went about my cheery self, defrosting the inside of the car windshield...what? yes! I know that's strange and scary...in any event, she got dressed and went onto school without incident.
the big D word...Discipline.
Reach to mash their smart mouths and you'll end up with threats from Your Brattiness of "You can't do that...I'll tell my teachers...or I'll call Social Services or 9-1-1..." and who wants jail time? right?
its just not legal to hit children despite the frustrations of grandparenthood...
Instead of that, perhaps contemplate taking them for a drive instead.
I'm not sure what it is exactly....
It could be the vibrations from the road,
or the scenery,
or something like that.
Either way: it works!
...
...
...
Bella,
ReplyDeleteMight be too that the fact you didn't react to her negativity had an effect. She didn't get the expected reaction so ... But there may well be something to a car trip that soothes the child-critter.
hey Mr. O, is it summer in your part of the planet?!
ReplyDelete