Lucky Me...

 Well, somebody from the City, whom I know because he is he husband of one of the girls I work with, came by to finish painting the deck railing that the Repair Fair did not complete.  Its a great program for those who live in the city limits, they will pressure wash your house, do any needed outside repairs, and a few years back I got steps built for my deck which wasn't here when I moved here.  Of course your income is considered, but since I'm a homeowner with no second income they usually come about every year.  This next year he tells me to call up cynthia down there and tell her I need a roof over my front porch, we noticed it had moss growing on it.

When I opened the door to greet him in, he happened to notice my ceiling in the livingroom and said do you have a leak? I hadn't noticed, hadn't heard any dripping, but there appeared a stain and it looked wet, and I thought oh gawd, not a leak in the roof!!  He said is the bathroom above this? I said no...He said well its possible you could have a leaking roof.  The guy with him said no, he thought it might be from the air conditioner upstairs and I thought how could that happen, that air conditioner is in a window on the other side, it just didn't make sense.  Upon closer inspection the one guy says yes! its the air conditioner, so they went upstairs to look and sure enough instead of draining the water out it was leaking inside and had run under my bed and obviously causing wetness to include the livingroom ceiling.  I hadn't noticed it leaking inside the room at all.  God only knows how long that had been happening.

Wow! what a lucky find that was.  Two guys who come to paint my deck, end up fixing my air conditioner, moving it to another window, took apart the unit and cleaned it, and said hopefully that will resolve it, but they told me to call them if it did not. We noticed the air conditioner draining well from the outside. They only got a little painting in because it clouded up again and started to sprinkle.  I guess God works in mysterious ways, knew I had a whole other problem, and sent two guys to fix it!

3 comments:

  1. This repair program sounds like a great idea. Did they think there was any sheet rock that needed to be renoved to check for mold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, actually the Repair Fair only does work on the outside of your property, but will repair gutters, roofs, etc. We didn't see any evidence of mold or smell it anywhere, usually you can smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God DOES work in mysterious ways...I know! So glad they noticed that problem and were willing and able to fix it for you! My mother has a friend who is a staunch Christian and tells anyone she hears say "I was lucky" "NO! You were Blessed!" LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!