I need some TLC...

...actually my knees need it more.  They still continue to give me grief over the least little time spent upright and standing.  I never used to have to contemplate worrying how much walking I would incur, or feeling disabled at not being able to walk as much as I want to, but that reality is ever present any time I put my feet to the floor here in the last week.  Sherry gave me the name of a supplement, and my sister says to get some glucosamine chondroitin, but I have to walk to get it, right?

The only thing in the house right now is Aleve, so I've been taking that without any improvement whatsoever, so my question is, even if I invest in these OTC supplements will I still be able to walk again without paying for it...LOL...the key is to get enough in your system I guess.  The gardener says I need to ice them, stay off, and quit pushing myself to walk on them, that I am only causing more inflammation.  God knows I cannot just lay down and do nothing! So, here in a little while I am going to force myself into WalMart and get a supplement and see if it helps. 

Seriously though, I think its time for a trip into see a professional, if I cannot get any relief here with a supplement after another week.  I had one knee injected years ago because of a tear, which helped and no more pain until just here recently.  If this is arthritis for real, I don't want it.  This pain is gnawing, throbbing, and unforgiving.  When faced with coming down the steps, it used to be one foot in front of the other without thinking, but I have had to rethink that and do the one leg at a time step shuffle, its sad truly.  Just when you try to get healthy by walking to lose a few extra pounds, your knees give up on ya, those bitches!.

Its not like I'm trying to aerobisize myself to death by jumping up and down, and/or contorting my body into strange views no one else would ever need to see including me, I just want to feel better and walk normally without pain.  Is that asking too much?

Maybe I should pick up some of those Salon Pas, as I am really not into icing body parts either.  Too bad you just can't go in a store and order up a new pair of knees! Gimee love, gimme gimme pain free!

oh and more wonderful news, I developed a headache this afternoon, and taking Aleve has not phased it either.  If I didn't know better, I'd say somebody has made me into a voodoo doll and is sticking pins in my body...gawd...

I think I am just going to go to bed and flush this day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!