rant for the day....

While proofing files today, I came across a WV Disability renewal claim by parents for their daughter, who is age 12. 

Living the home is mother, 37 who receives $357 bucks a month in SSI benefits, father, 42 also on SSI receives $357 bucks, a 15 year old receives $698 bucks, a 9 year old receives $698 bucks, and claimant in question also receives $698 bucks a month (all 3 kids on SSI).  They probably have medical insurance and get food stamps too!

Do the math, folks...monthly income in this household is $2808.00.  Get pissed off.  It upsets me when I work like a slave and after taxes I bring home less than this a month?  To some of you this amount of money seems trivial, but to those of us who are the working class poor and have been refused help when we've needed it, I'm sick and tired of getting screwed by the system.  As a taxpayer, I am tired of having my hard earned money handed over  to these fucked-up, do-less people who keep having children they can fuck up, so they can get a bigger paycheck from the system! Stupidity breeds unfortunately.  What is the nature of their disability? besides using the system for their own gain, so their lazy asses don't have to work?  ADHD.

Are you serious?  I'm claiming disability because shit like this gets my blood pressure up and I might not be able to control my anger! People who claim disability after smoking for 30 years and now they can't breathe and alcoholics who drink for years and are now suffering ill health effects think they're entitled disability when they hardly worked a day in their life. Where is any self responsibility here?

People like this could take a lesson from dog or cat owners who take responsibility in making sure the pet population is controlled and have their pet spade or neutered.  If you have a severe disability, like stupidity or mental retardation, why breed it?  If you're ADHD to the point you receive disability, or are psychologically impaired to the point you cannot function, what entitles you to procreate?  There should be some boundaries.  I wonder what would happen if in order to receive benefits you had to undergo mandatory sterilization if you met certain criteria.  If the government has to support you because you're screwed up then they should sterilize you to keep the next generation of system abuse from happening, so the people who need and deserve disability can apply and receive it. Whatever happened to people taking care of their own clan? and not expecting something for nothing, like the state subsized programs or government to take care of the child YOU made.  Get off your ass and take care of your own family!

This is a fucked up mess, ya'll.  

and now I feel better, thanks for letting that demon out!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I agree completely Miss B, its a fucked up world and a fucked up system

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella,
    What I can't understand is why the parents each receive SSI. Are they supposedly diagnosed with ADHD too? The entire case is messed up and it goes beyond the family. Presumably there is at least one doctor involved with the family to make the diagnosis. Then there'd be a pharmacy to fill prescriptions - and the list goes on. In fact, this case raises a number of questions for which I have no real answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the first child, there is no more federal money. Period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey fellers! WV must be the state to go after and get a disability for about anything. Problem is the ones who really need disability cannot get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alabama tried the sterilization thing and got slapped for it. You would think the key is to simply set a limit on how many kids you get checks for. Say, two. After that, you're on your own. Probably put a dent in it but wouldn't stop it. Anymore that people who are starving in overcrowded areas of the world just keep on breeding. Don't get me started on the Pope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the Pope on disability too, Mr. C?

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!