What Do You Want to Be for Halloween?

Halloween will be here before you know it, and already Isabella has given thought to her costume this year...she tells me..."I want to be Little Bo Peep."

but not the "goody two-shoes" version...the darker version of Little Bo Beep...

Ah, yes, she wants to be Little Bo Creep...the deviant alter ego of Bo...should be interesting.

So here we are searching online for ideas for a costume, a cross between gothic and horror? and maybe we'll have a black sheep skewered on the shepherd's crook...

Yeah, well most BoPeep costumes are geared for adults (sexy version), or are foo-foo lacy children's storybook themed...finding or making a darker version might require a little research and imagination...We got a neighbor lady who will sew it, we are currently working on envisioning it and sketching it out on paper. I'll take a pic for yuns Halloween, so you can see how it turned out. (barring she doesn't change her mind between now and then).

Stolen from Phil Alexander's parody song, "Find My Lambs For Myself (The Bo Peep Song)" (to the tune of "Keep your hands to yourself" by the Georgia Satellites.) 

Well, I'm out in a field with a Little Bo Peep
We're a-lookin' and a-callin' tryin' to find her sheep
But each time we try - nuttin' each time we call
I mean no mutton, no shittin' nope, we're findin' flock all
I said "Maybe they've been eaten by a lion or a wolf"
She said "Ain't 'fraid of no lions, I'll find my lambs for myself"

Oh, baby Bo Peepie, why're we searchin' this way
I wanna be your lover boy, let's have a roll in the hay
That's when I told her my name is Little Boy Blue
And I've a horn she can blow on (if she really want to)
She said "Ain't funny, you pervy, you blow on it yerself
She said an' she's gonna try to find her lambs for herself

You see I'd had enough of seekin' I was about to give in
That's they started a-comin' back, waggin' their tails behind them
I said honey, these lambs gonna look so good on a plate
She said no mutton, no cookin' these lambs ain't gonna be ate
My lovely li'l' babies won't go on no oven shelf
No she don't feed me no lambs - she keep them lambs to herself!

remember the tune? I hadn't heard it in ever...was it a 1987 hit?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like a Rick Perry costume for Halloween. That would scare the hell out of the libs in our neighborhood. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a political themed Halloween party would be fun, but could disastrous! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!