I never thought in my wildest dreams that the only home my 19 year old has known from day one would be sold, but it was, and she is just now displaced. She had to move into a tiny little rental house not far from me in the city here with her controlling father. Her father has always been the most selfish human on the planet. Without monies borrowed on the house like normal people would have done to build, his parents financed his home to be built way back when (1989), and since our subsequent divorce, and death of his mother and father, so did any debt he might have owed them in return. He was never one to give back, not even to say I'm sorry should he be wrong about anything. He was made executor of his parents estate, and left his brother absoultely nothing (it was said he had to give him $1). His brother was the oldest, but he was the most controlling.
Frankly, if those walls could talk, they would certainly have a story to tell. A lot of sweat and tears, abuse and heartache filled that house way back when; he also had another ex, and more heartache and tales of woes, not to mention the abuse my daughter suffered as a child with this man. In order to write about it, I have to acknowledge my inability to stop him, unable financially to remove her from his clutches, or bring the courts to know who he was, what he was...it makes me sick to this day. The courts, what do they truly care about when it comes to child? He certainly was never any good parent to my other two children, but its okay he gets to keep my baby child who at not quite 6 years old never spent a night away from her mother...why? Money talks in small towns...shameful. I will never forget that day or the feeling of loss, years of loss...it still makes me tear up. I hope his death is very slow and very very painful, and I hope he rots in hell...
I'm told he is a regular church-goer now, excuse me I have to vomit at that.
Not only did he sell every antique his mother ever owned, he sold their home for profit (perhaps forced to split this with his brother?), and now he is selling the only thing that is rightfully my daughter's. I am not surprised at his lack of thinking of anyone else. Bobbi has nothing of value that even belonged to her grandmother, whom she loved dearly. She was the only grandchild, and was much loved. When arrested back when my daughter was 16, her uncle (his brother) tried to make sure that any estate inheritance be rightfully put away for her; however I don't know how far that got, or what she was due from her grandparents estate. It was hidden and/or changed. My daughter herself knows nothing of what she was supposedly to gain from her grandparents estate. Most of it I'm sure went to my ex's legal defense, thereby taking my daughter's inheritance away from what would have been rightfully hers to begin with to pursue a college degree, provide support in her young adult life, etc...
Her uncle died in that house while my ex (divorce filed by me in 1997) was in jail facing serious charges of sexual abuse of a minor child. It was days upon days before the authorities found him. I heard from a friend of his that he believed himself that his own brother was guilty, and why? So many unanswered questions all these years. The best thing that could have happened was for him to be convicted, so my daughter could really move on with life. Ask me if I think he's innocent of this? I'd have to say no. Since he was found not guilty on all charges he has not been able to really obtain a job, and supposedly his health has deteriorated, and according to my daughter he is trying to get his disability. Why? Because he has smoked cigarettes at an alarming rate since young adulthood, and now he expects compensation? He was carried financially his whole life by his parents, whether they were living or dead.
I abhor this man so much for all he has put my family, and especially what he has put our daughter through, and still continues his reign of her. She will never be free of his control until he dies. My hope for her is that its soon. Certainly, I do not have any qualms about stating this. Tell me I'm wrong, tell me that something bad is probably going to happen to me because of it, and it still won't change how I feel. The day he dies is a day of celebration, and months or perhaps years following his death, my daughter's emotional demise of the abuse he has put her through will flood her memories she has locked away so long. She is still very much a child in a grown up world, struggling to find a place or direction. Her father's control is more than she can bear at times, but yet she chooses not to leave it behind at 19. Its a sick relationship those two have. Let's hope I'm still around to help her pick up the pieces.
Sorry for the ramble, just on my mind.
Bella:
ReplyDeleteSometimes a ramble is good psychological therapy. I hope you feel a little better now.
thanks for listening to my rambling, Whitt...
ReplyDeleteactually nothing is going to make me feel better until the deed is done, and he no longer has a place in my daughter's life.