
I remember my sister who always had a knack for painting and making crafts. One year, she made Christmas ornaments with clothespins, and this was circa 1970. They were absolutely gorgeous. She made women with umbrellas and dresses that she used tissue to expand so they would look like they had a petticoat, using rick-rack and making hats and umbrellas. They were definitely unique and I loved them. She also made nutcrackers in uniforms, I wished I still had some of those ornaments. These ornaments shown below are cute, but not as original or as good as my sisters! She would make the puffy sleeves...I am going to have to do my homework...:)
I went looking online for hints this year to try to recreate that memory past, and make my own with my granddaughter, and I came across several ideas. I want to make these angels. I have tons of sheet music, none of which I really want to cut up, but I'm sure I can find some at my local flea market. I'm off to go look! then its off to the craft department for all the little things I need, like eyes to put on top of their head to string through, string, and other stuff I might need to include some glue and a little bottle to put the glue in cause this could get a little tedious, but worth it! If you haven't done this, maybe you'll give it a try, or have your kids make them. You will need to buy the clothespins that stand and do not pinch. You could make a wreath out of the ones that pinch by using a coathanger and putting them around it and tying on a bow. That's a simple project. In any event, happy Xmas decorating! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!