Too Tired to Rant...even

 I am so tired. Getting no sleep is not fun. I'm just going to go pass out until next year, haha.

Cold weather.  Rain.  Fatigue.  Yeah.  I'm so tired of working.  Today I was supposed to be off half a day, but I had to retract my request to burn some vacation time due to the fact that I had way too much to take care of at work, and we were just swamped.  This company is getting ready to lay off people again, because the work is being shipped offshore (you know they can pay 3 people what they have to pay one US employee), so we will be doing 3x what we should ordinarily have to.  As it is already, its hard to find coverage for when people need a day off, or have hours to burn so they don't lose..even for yourself! Not to mention HR told us that we can no longer carry over 40 hours of vacation, but with only a month to burn 93 hours, did they expect I would really fit all my time in and not lose any hours? Well...I guess not, because I couldn't even take off half a day today...

My boss, who I no longer have to cover for, because somebody in upper management felt someone else should cover for her, (funny I still have to do things that her cover should be doing and my bosses boss ask me to do...), seems to still think she needs to call me and hold me on the phone while putting me behind on things I have to do.  I inform her that my title was debunked from QA Team Lead to just QA, whatever the hell that means, and now I am forced to keep a QA log of every thing I do all day, and am expected to meet some form of production (line count) when clearly that is not my job.  I am expected to watch the system, clear out jobs from a customer service account, talk and console my used to be boss, email, make tickets, work with other customer service Reps, make pools, adjust poolscripts, drown in CS files...and still keep a production line count? I think not...I am some form of QA management but technically I'm not management, but in reality it still feels like I am and obviously my boss didn't get that memo, so I am in a state of confusion, now does that make any sense? It doesn't to me either.

My boss is off this next week, but I am expected to train somebody to cover my vacation while I'm off the week after (the week of the 15th through the 19th) and then 3 more days, got Xmas off, and Friday the 26th a floating holiday, so technically even though its only 64 hours off instead of 80 it looks like its two weeks total.  i can't wait to get the helloutofDodge!  If they can do without me that long, then chances are they'll fire me, eh? its not like HR gave us three months to work off vacation hours that we thought we could carry over into the New Year.  Ordinarily, I would ever ask for that many days off in a row, but that is how it is worked out.  My boss has been too busy with everybody else's schedules and making sure time off requests were met, while I've had my requests in and if she thought my taking off 8 days in a row was a problem she could have said something, all she said was you better make sure everything you do all day long is covered by someone else.  Well, if I had that kind of coverage I could have taken half a day off couldn't I? yeah...right... it just blows!  Technically I am supposed to cover for someone when they're off and they have to cover for me, but how does that work when we work 2 different shifts pretty much, and I work Monday-Friday, she works Tuesday-Saturday...isn't that a crock of BS! When the cuts come, my head will probably be on the chopping block but for now...

I am just too tired to care...maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!