disheartened

 another staff member at our local office bites the dust yesterday...





He was just told his position was eliminated...whose next? its like standing in front of a firing squad just waiting...dodge the bullet now, what about a week from now..a month...its a good thing I don't suffer from anxiety or panic...in the back of my mind I know whatever I'm dealt I'm a survivor...come what may.  His job was more important than mine was and I've worked with this person for years, being there 14 myself.  These are scary times we live in.

not to mention on the television to learn of two bombs going off at the Boston Marathon...people hurt, some dead...lives changed forever...

addendum:  Today we all received an email informing us that there would be no more cuts from our local office.  Maybe a little sigh of relief momentarily, but still makes you aware that you are not that important in the big scheme of things; they don't care you have anything to fall back on, whether you have relatives you can depend on, what your home life circumstances are..or maybe they did take this into consideration at the local level...I don't know but at this point I'm just glad to have a job.  Some of my staff would gladly give up benefits if they could just stay employed...yes, its a sad state of affairs.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know but at this point I'm just glad to have a job.

    I agree completely but my quality of life pretty much sucks right now since my partner on night shift left. Pulling his work load and my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it all by myself since 2004, so I'm no stranger to that feeling. I wonder when I'll actually have a life ya know.

      Delete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!