let's get excited...

 in making birthday wishes come true in May.  Isabella turns 10 in May and she wants to go to King's Island in Mason, Ohio.  Having a few days off gave me the opportunity to explore surrounding places to stay, where to eat, how much this venture was going to cost, that sort of thing, so I have rented a car, booked the motel, and we are heading out of Dodge.  We are leisurely exploring King's Island for not one 1 but 2 days; at least 4 to 5 hours after check-in time at the hotel on Friday at 4, a full day Saturday (the WaterPark opens Saturday), and we will spend the night and return home on the 27th, which is her actual birthday, so that will give her mother and other family the opportunity to plan her party festivities as well.  It is just going to be me, Bella and my 20 year old.  It will be a no-drama adventure, not taking somebody else's kid to worry with, and not taking her 5 year old brother, or her mother.  That will ensure a drama-free and stress-free time. This trip is 3 hours away, not too bad.  


King's Island...and no, she is not riding the Beast!  however she is tall enough.  I rode that the year it came out with my son, and it was getting dark just like this picture, nothing like the Beast at dusk.  It jerks you around quite a bit and I thought my neck was broken on that first sharp curve. If you need a neck crackin' that's the thing to ride.  She manages to be 50 inches in fact and can ride quite a bit of stuff, getting her on it is the thing, and I am taking my 20 year old to help watch and ride with her.  They cannot wait, both are excited.  Me? ugh not so much but whatever they want is fine.  I'll carry the pocketbook and camera...LOL...


1 comment:

  1. Have fun! For some reason my family went for years with essentially stress free visits to theme parks. While the crowds could be bad everyone we talked with or got next to in line seemed friendly.

    Our record was broken at Busch Gardens Tampa last December, the line to get in the park was chaotic to the point I thought some of the employees at the entrance would run off in fear of the mob. Several attractions broken down with no one informing those in line. And most vistors we tried to talk with seemed surly.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!