Okay, bloggers, Turkey Day is almost officially in countdown mode now. Thanksgiving is just hours away, and I've decided that I would give a shout-out to those unsung heroes of the holiday season: the ladies who work the Butterball Hotline (1-800-288-8372) and offer advice, cooking tips, solace and (occasionally) medical assistance to those completely befuddled by the cooking of the Big Bird.
The question posed here (meaning I looked this shit up on Google), was an actual question that one of the Ladies of the Butterball Turkey Emergency Squad has been asked. While the answer isn't exactly what 'she' would or did say...who ever really calls this place?
Question: "How do I get a chihuahua out of my turkey?"
Answer: Butterball lady says, "Excuse me, m'am?
Question: "Yes, my chihuahua crawled inside my turkey and is stuck. How do I get him out?"
Answer: Why would you want to do that? Chihuahuas are both delicious and nutritious and will bring a nice South of the Border flair to your Thanksgiving meal. Just take into account the weight of the dog when calculating a cooking time, and it should make for some excellent eating after being basted for several hours in a Butterball turkey's delicious natural juices. Oh, and also? I'd make sure your oven door has a strong lock.
Yeah, some people love eating dog all year, not just at Thanksgiving...gross!! lol...
Well, I don't know about yuns, but thinking about a big turkey stuffed with Chihuahua and all the trimmings make me feel exhausted, nauseous, and sleepy! I could go with a fat juicy hamburger, chips/dip, and maybe a soda and I think that would be perfect! The kids would think so too, in fact, why cook all that stuff and then have it leftover? Order a pizza, fix some hamburgers, and the kids make cookies, take them to a movie, spend less time inside eating, more time doing something else. While I would not miss a turkey and all that other junk, I would absolutely have to have some pumpkin pie.
Yes, turkey can go...but pumpkin pie is a must! and with that, I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be kind to those you despise all year long, and take a dessert over to the gathering, makes for interesting fun later. Yes, for MIL (mother-in-law) its Ex-Lax laced brownies, Yes! she sooooo loves chocolate!

read your email
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!!!!!Pop'
ReplyDeletehappy turkey day, Pop~!
ReplyDelete