Are Your Grammar Skills Up To Par?

Photobucket

Does the misspelling bother you as much as the crack rash? Yucko!

I know the difference between 'your' and 'you're' but I am not surprised by the lack of grammar skilled people out there. In my line of work as a medical transcriptionist, my error rate is low, and I mostly proof my own reports as I type having honed my auto correct to work to my advantage. I also pride myself on being an excellent speller, too! I won the school spelling bee in 5th grade! Speaking of which, do you know how to use to, two and too? Obviously there's a lot of people out there who don't! Unbelievable!

A few years back, when I was supervising in-house, I had this one girl that I was constantly giving grammar lessons to, things she should have known, just simple grammar stuff. She was supposedly a high school graduate! Obviously with not very high marks in English skills! Geeze. A spell checker isn't going to teach you the proper word usage or the proper word for that matter. For instance, if you type "angle for angel" it won't pick up the error because both are words, right? It is inconceivable to me that the majority of people can't spell either! Another time during proofing one of the grammar deprived girl's report, she had "angel" spelled as "angle" the whole report through. I wonder what the psychologist would have thought receiving this report with "angle" instead of "angel" typed in it. I would never go back to supervising idiots! Does one not know the difference between angle and angel? You don't even pronounce them the same for God's sakes! She would mess up even the simplest trio of to, two and too, too!

One of my all time pet peeves: bad grammar and spelling skills!

When it comes to body adornment, there's nothing like having a misspelled tattoo to show how ignorant and dumb you are, a true marker that soon you'll hit the next evolutionary step by losing the thick-set forehead and growing a set of second thumbs. Then you can get those tattooed, but perhaps take along a dictionary!

If you must see these impressive tattoos (although one I think is permanent marker?), click here.

2 comments:

  1. That is gross!

    Typos are a personal pet peeve of mine, too. UGH! Why don't people use spellcheck!? Surely they don't own a dictionary???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sarah, nice to see you! Funny I was showing this tattoo to somebody here in the family (obviously lacking in a few spelling skills) and they didn't see anything misspelled! ha! Used to be when I frequented a few chat rooms you would run across people who couldn't spell a darn thing! it's shameful I tell ya! shameful!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!