Bella’s Coast To Coast First Edition ~!

Perhaps it started with a dream ... as a tyke on his trike?

Photobucket

But he loves the sport of cycling...

Photobucket

Bicycling that is ~! So in less than 30 days ...

Photobucket

He’s flying West ... to dip his tire in the Pacific Ocean and start his trek back to the East Coast to dip his tire in the Atlantic Ocean, marking the end of his 61-day bike ride Across the US.

Photobucket

As you can see, this trek runs across our northern border with Canada. From the state of Washington, across the northern tip of Idaho, diagonally south east through Montana, touching Wyoming briefly, across South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, then across Lake Michigan by boat, continuing across Michigan, through Ontario to New York, across Vermont, New Hampshire and finally Maine; from the Pacific to the Atlantic, just under 4,000 miles.

I am still amazed that my boyfriend is actually going to do this! He has been seriously biking for about 8 years now, so this will undoubtedly be a great adventure for him. There will also be sightseeing along the way, as this is not an official race or anything. He will be traveling with a group of other bikers as well, some who are going the entire way, others who are not going all the way just riding through parts of it. It blows my mind really, but he is determined and stubborn, and I know he’ll do it! I can't wait to see those sexy legs when he gets back!

Here’s the a.m. Coast to Coast tunes!



To find the links, click here.

Happy Saturday Bloggers!


(this post was taken off the same blogsite that I originally blogged this post at in May)


Comments:

Better him than me, although HOW is he going to stay in touch?

Sherry

|< << >> >|


by Sherry'sCherries (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 6:35 PM (del)




And if I may respectively inquire...what's with you...get a seat and ride along with him...enjoy the adventure together...share the memory..
you would not have to pedal the entire route, but parts of it.......
It would be an experience you would remember for life....go for it...

|< << >> >|


by Totally Ass Backwards (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 6:55 PM (del)




by phone and by laptop! you know those nerdy boys, they never go anywhere without their equip!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 7:07 PM (del)




As much as I would love to, I cannot afford to be off work. Besides, these are very experienced cyclists and I would hold everybody up as slow as I would be. One would have to really be in tip top shape for that kind of ride, which I am not at this point. I do hope at some point though to be fit enough to accompany him. We are talking of planning to meet up along the trek somewhere but have no finalized plans as of yet. However, we do plan on vacationing again in September.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 7:13 PM (del)




Now there's the adventure of a life time! I envy him!
|< << >> >|


by Anexplorer (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 8:03 PM (del)




thanks, Anex, he is really looking forward to it, he leaves June 19th. Actually there is a link to this map he made that I've posted, and when you click on the day you see where they actually are, what city and state. He made this for the whole group of them. He's got guts I'll say that, and legs of steel! Now if his knees hold out!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 8:33 PM (del)




Bella

Goodness girl - I know I love the ride - but the old butt get just as tired - talk about being numb...

|< << >> >|


by Lookin' (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 9:03 PM (del)




that is why their bike seats are custom!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 9:15 PM (del)




Bicycle Race - Queen

falling off a bike

You will need to give him a big fat rub down when he's done.

|< << >> >|


by HeatherScot (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 9:15 PM (del)




I am in charge of massaging his ego!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 9:20 PM (del)




normal male thang.
|< << >> >|


by HeatherScot (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 9:22 PM (del)




Bella - I was supposed to go on a bike trip this summer with some of my teen friends but chickened out ! I still would like to do it sometime - AzRon (bless his little heart) said he would drive the rv behind us
.
No big shindig here on Memorial weekend; we used to BBQ or picnic with another family but our kids are gone and there's are teens and it is not cool so -------- going out to eat with our frineds on some gift cards we all got free getting carpet installed.
Now about catching those Junebugs - AzRon he caught the best one!!!! June

|< << >> >|


by Praywithhope (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 9:59 PM (del)




hi June! thanks for coming by! I hope you and Ron have a nice weekend.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 10:02 PM (del)




My legs hurt just THINKING about a bike trip that long!!! Best of luck to him!!
|< << >> >|


by Bry_M (PM , CC ) on Saturday May 24, 2008 @ 11:20 PM (del)




HEY! That's awesome Bella!
He will have a great time!

And I am with you on the sexy legs
chica. The Mr. walks MILES everyday
(letter carrier)... and I get those
sassy legs all to myself.
Wooot-woooo!
Photobucket

|< << >> >|


by Dalpha (PM , CC ) on Sunday May 25, 2008 @ 1:15 AM (del)




yes, they definitely need careful handling!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday May 25, 2008 @ 10:28 AM (del)




So he is riding Highway 2 for most of the journey - I have driven it - but not on a bike of any kind!

may he arrive safely home

ron

|< << >> >|


by AZRON (PM , CC ) on Sunday May 25, 2008 @ 10:30 AM (del)




hey Bry, me too! I rode some with him in Florida in April when we went on vacation, and he was very kind about how slow I was, and not to mention I was riding a recumbent bike; it was like riding a chopper with the smaller front wheel, and a seat with a back on it, strange bike but easier on the back; but a little harder for me on the legs!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday May 25, 2008 @ 10:57 AM (del)




Bella, Hope you are Enjoying the Long Holiday Weekend !


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



|< << >> >|


by Mouse (PM , CC ) on Sunday May 25, 2008 @ 11:21 AM (del)




hey Dalpha! that's what I'm talkin' about legs! w00t!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday May 25, 2008 @ 2:22 PM (del)




thanks Ron, I'm sure my wayfaring biker will find his way back to me eventually! however, Kentucky is pretty far down to make a detour! I do have my worries even about this long of a trek; however he tells me I don't have anything to worry about, and not to worry about the what ifs, so I'm not.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday May 25, 2008 @ 6:35 PM (del)




hey Mouse! nice to see you. I hope you are having a nice weekend yourself.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Monday May 26, 2008 @ 1:12 AM (del)




Awesome tune and great post Bella!

Bear Hugs!
PolarB ;)

|< << >> >|


by PolarB (PM , CC ) on Tuesday May 27, 2008 @ 7:29 AM (del)




That sounds like a great ride to take, but wow! I know I couldn't do that. I bet he's got buns of steel to go with those awesome lets!
|< << >> >|


by Secret (PM , CC ) on Tuesday May 27, 2008 @ 1:52 PM (del)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!