March is a blur of doctor appointments, of CT scans and blood work, and Zumba classes and exercise class at the YMCA. No wonder I hardly posted this month. I was busy and exhausted, both physically and emotionally.
However, there were some scary moments this month. I finally got smart and got a new family doctor, who is female and seems to care about my health. She ordered some tests. I told her that the endo in Huntington thought I had clubbing of my fingernails, she agreed on exam, so she ordered a CT of my lungs, and wanted me to see a pulmonologist. I looked it up on a website and what they showed were some deformed looking fingers which are definitely not mine! My nails curve a little but it is not noticeable unless you were looking right at it, and is nothing new, they've always been that way, so I just think it is normal for me. Anyway, you'd have to be a doctor to tell, and all the worry revealed that the CT scan came back normal and I was relieved to say the least!
Next on the agenda was a bone scan and B-12 shots! I have been having arm pain in my upper arms for months now that was not an injury nor any worse with exercise, so this was a concern. She ordered a bone scan, I think looking for any bone abnormality or cancer. I was worried about the bone scan especially when they have to get more images after I thought the test was over. I used to work as an x-ray tech, so I know if they need another image then obviously something needs looked at closer, so I was anxious for days wondering. Come to find out, it showed degenerative joint disease in my shoulders, back, knees, and even my nose? good lord! I am eat up with it, but at least it is not cancer. I can deal.
What I had a hard time dealing with was learning to give myself B-12 shots with a needle that is 1 inch long and has to be given intramuscularly in the leg. This was a trip to have to do by yourself. It was hard. It is still hard after now having given myself a shot three times. When I show people the needle they just cringe, and say OMG! I could never do that. Well, if you have to, you will.
and on that note, till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!