Can't I Just Crawl in a Hole?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Dear Blogdom ~ Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile


I just realized after reading back, that I promised to tell you guys the REAL story behind why the gardner showed up unexpectedly at the door. It seems that he was fresh off the plane, back to Mayberry here, and was out exploring the secondhand stores ?? and came across a clean, well-built couch which he knows I have been looking for. I would much prefer a new one, but it's not in the Queen's budget right now ... and it's not that I don't have a couch, but ~ well, let's just say it was remnants from the first divorce almost 10 years ago, folks! How sad is that?

Anyway, the reason he says he stopped by is that he wants me to go look at it and hurry the place is going to close in a few minutes and it won't be there tomorrow, somebody will buy it he says. I'm thinkin NOW ?? You're talking to a woman who looks like death warmed up, probably smells like two-day old underwear, hair greasy, and he wants me to go to look at a couch? If you read that previous post, you know how horrified I was at my appearance to begin with, much less go out like that in public? Do I have time to shower and wash my hair? hell no. Okay, let's go I say, stinky and all. *insert sad face* After this sad event, I give up all hope of ever roping this guy into my lair anyway.

The couch was fine, was curved slightly, vintage 40s style, clean lines, and overall very clean and upholstered really nice. What I didn't realize (until after it was home and the other couch had been hauled off) was that it sat low to the floor with rollers, so I thought it must have had a rollaway bed at one time. Actually it sat too low. I wondered if perhaps this couch had been made for a midget family!!! But for 40 bucks what did you expect? the Mona Lisa of couches or what?? and who could move it? it weighed a frickin ton! He had to call a friend to help him move it. I could swear somebody re-upholstered that couch leaving the bed inside it! and if that isn't enough ... here's the real punchline ...

You know you're a redneck if your couch sits on concrete stilts!

Yep, I was promised that his friend who was a carpenter would come build me some higher legs for this couch, but that hasn't materialized !!!

*laffing outloud!*

I tell you Kingdom I am in desperate need of love, legs, and a handyman ... and of course a pottie chair to sit on while I work!

Isn't life wonderful? and how are things in your kindgom?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Want an update on Griszelda Mess and Lord Spoiled? I'll try to get one posted. Stay tuned.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!