
I am proofing a patient's oncology report this past Friday ... doctor is dictating and I'm reading ..."We again reviewed available information, discussed the questionable solitary metastasis in the brain, and reviewed various clinical scenarios with the possible of patient having a legal metastasis" ...
wait a minute there...
that ain't right...I knew immediately what it was...
Obviously the speech recognition engine spit out what it heard but MT failed to catch/edit it.
Actually it was dictated as ... with the possibility of patient having oligometastases. That's the term right there ... and that folks...is why I still have a job!
and in case yuns don't know (assuming you might want to know)...according to the Google Gods...
Oligometastases is the state in which the patient shows distant relapse in only a limited number of regions. Local therapy such as surgery, radiotherapy and radiofrequency ablation for the relapsed sites could thus improve patient's survival.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!