
This year Christmas just came up so fast, and it just doesn't seem like its Christmas at all. Even the weather in eastern Ky is unseasonably warm. Things are out of sorts right now. Granddaughter is displaced out of the home, as is her brother still, and their parents flew off to California to escape their drug-infested life here so they could avoid condemnation by everybody whose life they tried to destroy. Sad truly. Hard to find the Joy this Christmas in this mess of a brood.
My younger daughter appears to be riding the bipolar crazy-assed train, being mean to her husband and not engaging in the holiday in any form. They are struggling to make ends meet, and while I understand, I had hoped she could just find a little joy in the twinkle of her 15 month old's eyes, as this her first real Christmas. But she has pretty much been the Debbie Downer today sucking the joy out of everbody. She wanted me to jump her car and give her gas money so she could just run out and run the roads with her baby in the car ignoring everybody. I feel sorry for her husband. She is making his life miserable and all he ever does is try to love her. Sad. At 23 and pregnant again she should be a little more mature. That's what gift her Dad gave her, the gift of spoiling her her whole life. I was the wicked mother who didn't put up with that crap. Now when hard times hit she can'tcope.(update: I called to find out how things were going and her mood seemed to have improved perhaps what I said finally got through to her, anyway I was happy to hear she is engaging and going to her in-laws this evening).
Personally for me, without having my grandson and granddaughters here and no personal love in my life, its rather quiet, but I rather like it quiet. I don't need people to necessarily feel validated or fulfilled. I won't let others impose and bring their drama to my table, especially grown adult children, and on that happy note, Merry Christmas eve to you and yours! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!