
Friday, the first of November, Yours Truly made a call to Social Services concerning my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson, Wyatt. It came to my knowledge that there was a needle found while Little Queenie visited one weekend, 4 weeks ago, maybe 5 now, and I also saw a video wherein my daughter was pulling liquid up in a needle, turned and handed it to hubby, and from the suggestion, she turns to face him and its fairly obvious that is what happened even though her back was to the camera. My other daughter videotaped this. She has been telling me that they are using drugs again, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt until the video evidence came into view, and of course when Little Queenie told me she found a needle over there (she says it was orange). I've been told their drug of choice again, is heroin. Not surprising as they had a heroin addiction before, driving us all pretty much insane with their antics and wrath of thievery.
Since that time, my grandson has been placed in foster care, which I feel is the best place for him right now. Mother in law says he is coming back to live with her, but its well known to Social Services staff that MIL has always been an enabler for these two adults to carry on with their drug usage. She has provided them a vehicle, given them money, paid their bills to include rent, so I hope that Wyatt is not placed with the paternal grandparents, this will be a mistake. They had him once before and the two adults, my daughter and their son, have not been working the program to get their children back and stop their drug use. They won't do that if Wyatt is put with family, but if he is left in foster care this might spark them into getting their lives in order.
Nothing has changed, Isabella has lived with me for 3 years now, and I have reason to believe she will be with me until I die. I know she would rather be with her mother, my daughter, but she is not trying to help herself at this moment, both of them are holed up in a roach motel using drugs. They were evicted out of the house they were living in. Probably soon to be on the streets. I do know that IV drug use has continued at the motel. Sad. truly sad. Visitation will be set up for Isabella to see her brother this week some time. I am expecting a call.
I'm over it all really. At 34 years of age, these adults are not going to change at all. I would love to be able to live life in a drama-free zone, however I'm not sure this will ever happen.
Sorry to hear this. Sending you a hug.
ReplyDeletehey Sherry! thanks.
DeleteI am so sorry to hear this, and I wish I had something to say that would help. I know you've done all that you can do at this point. I know a couple who have slid down the rabbit hole with methamphetamine. Their son has no chance at any kind of life. As long as this couple will snitch---they snitch for $$$---they will be allowed to do whatever they wish to do without any interference from local law enforcement, and that means they keep the boy with them.
ReplyDeletethat's sad for the kid, Slick. My grandson is in foster care and thriving, doing well says the investigator and social services worker. He loves structure anyway, and has lived in dysfunction so long, he probably thinks what he lived in was normal, but is finding out differently. We get to see him on Thursday afternoon.
Delete